Chapter 45

*Jay's POV*

"So what have you been doing all day long?" I stood behind Erin and put my arms around her.
"I paid my mother's bail." I looked at her in disbelief.
"Your mother's bail?" She turned and looked at me.
"That's what I just said. She called me and said I needed to do it because she didn't blow my cover." Erin shrugged her shoulders.
"No offense. But what kind of a mother is she?" I apparently never got to know Erin's mother and I didn't know if I wanted to.
"She's that kind of mother you run away as soon as possible from." She leaned her head against my chest and sighed.
"What if I'm going to be like that to our child?" She looked me in the eye.
"You're gonna make the best mum, Erin." I kissed her tenderly and she turned around so she could look at me properly.
"Thank you. I really don't know what I would do without you." I could loose myself in her eyes every time she looked at me.
"I love you Erin." I just said whatever came on my mind and she smiled at me in surprise.
"I love you too, babe." She put her arms around my neck and kissed me deeply during doing that she opened my shirt and pants.
"Oh, that's how it looks, huh?" I teased her by pulling away and stopping to kiss her.
"Ouh c'mon don't be like that." She ran after me as I moved further and further away from her.
"You look like a little baby duck that is trying to follow its mother." I couldn't stop laughing at her because she began to get really mad at me.
"You are a horrible person, Jay Halstead." Erin stopped chasing me.
"I was just messing with you." I walked towards her.
She turned away and crossed her arms, but I could see the grin on her face.
So I snuck up from behind and picked her up, she kicked wildly and squeaked, but I wouldn't let go of her.
In the end we fell together on the couch.

*Erin's POV*

"Do you prefer a girl or a boy?" I asked Jay while he was playing with my hair.
"A boy." He answered me.
"Why?" I asked Jay and he looked down to me.
"I thing it's easier to have a boy. They can't get pregnant." He said and looked satisfied about his answer.
"A girl could be lesbian. Then she won't get pregnant right away. At least not accidentally." The sentence made him think.
"But maybe she's just straight. In any case, the chance for a boy to get pregnant is lower." With that we ended the topic provisionally.
"Did you wanna have children when you were younger?" Jay broke the silence after a while.
"No. I never thought I could take care of someone else because I couldn't even take care of myself." I rested my head on his chest.
"Maybe you couldn't have done it then, but now you can." Jay put his arms around me and held me until I fell asleep.
When I woke up the next morning I looked into Jay's watery green eyes.
"You got amazing freckles." The sun shone on his face, which made them stand out.
"You like my freckles?" He started squinting to get a look at his nose.
"Yeah. They're cute." I kissed his nose.
Jay pulled my head a little lower so I could kiss his lips.
"We got to get up or we'll be running late." I wanted to get up, but Jay grabbed my arm.
"Five more minutes please. You can't deny me that, I'm a poor man who sees his girlfriend at work all day, but can't touch her." He gave me a look like a puppy.
"You poor man. You're suffering so bad." My voice was dripping of sacasm.
"Yes." Jay nodded pitifully.
"But I guess you'll have to suffer." I jumped up with a smile before he got hold of me.
"You're horrible!" Jay called after me but I just got dressed.
"What are five more minutes, right? We're going to be late anyways." He pulled up my shirt.
"No. We're done for now. If you're lucky maybe later." A smile appeared on Jay's face as I said that.
"Alright. That's great." I could only grin at his behavior. In no time he put on his clothes and was done so we drove to the district.