𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. clubs and imposters

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: CLUBS AND IMPOSTERS !

4x09
━━━━━━

         "VANESSA HOLDEN, AGE 25." The team had currently been going over a case that had occurred just last week, everyone sitting at the round table as Jordan was going over the case with them.
"Last Friday night, she was clubbing with her sister. A stranger, white male, roughly her age, picked her up. They left the club at 1 a.m., went back to her place. He forced her on her hands and knees. And then he cut her open just below the stomach." Jordan explained as she showed the picture of the woman on screen as Casey sucked through her teeth due to the intrusive thought in her head and scrunched up her nose. "Yeah. Pretty rough." Rossi commented.

"The gutting causes the intestines to spill out. You can survive for a few hours, actually even days." Reid told. "Could've gone my whole life without knowing that." Casey mumbled under her breath but it was loud enough for the group to hear.

"Postmortem indicates that he slit her throat at 5 a.m.." Jordan added. "So, he disemboweled her but didn't kill her for 4 hours." Rossi said. "He could be a sexual sadist." Emily assumes.

"Yeah, I thought so, too," Jordan began handing out various files to the group as Rossi sorted them out. "But I found two priors from a year ago-- prostitutes, actually, in motel rooms."

"Okay, so keep running with it." Morgan encouraged. "Why do you think this is the same unsub?"

Jordan turned back to the screen as everyone looked at the files in front of them and then a little towards the screen. "In Vanessa Holden's apartment, the following were discover-- bleach, ammonia, trash bags-- all in a triangular pattern. One year ago, motel rooms-- bleach, ammonia, trash bags-- also in a triangular pattern." Jordan explained.

"He's cleaning up." Emily says.
"Might be trying to hide his tracks." Morgan tells.
"Could be a sign of remorse." Reid assumes.
"Apologizing for the murder by minimizing the mess." Rossi tells.

"But there's one other commonality between both sets of murders. Bleach and ammonia were found under the victim's fingernails." Casey sits up and this detail sends shivers down her spine.

"He's making them clean up their own murder." Morgan tells. "It's the same unsub." Hotch nods.

        The team had boarded up on the jet and Casey bit her lip in confusion as she looked down at the file. She was seated next to Rossi and he seemed to notice the look on her face. "Something up, kid?" He asked.