𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒙. believe me

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE: BELIEVE ME !

━━━━━━

        THE MORNING STARTED OFF PRETTY NORMAL. For all the team could say, it was just a paperwork day. That was until Hotch immediately spoke up to announce that they had a case. JJ rushed behind him with the file in her hands.

"Guys, we have a case." JJ announced. "Round table. Now." Hotch followed as they both entered the room. Casey immediately stood up and the rest of her colleagues joined her. "Sounds serious." Morgan commented. "Yeah, come on." The group rushed upstairs and to the round table room they went.

"What do we know?" Emily asked as soon as they entered. Everyone took their seats. "Eve Williams, Rachel Desmond and Ava Baker have all been reported missing in the past month and were all found murdered in various places in Virginia, all sexually assaulted with a red blindfold around each of the women's eyes." JJ explained, showing the team the pictures.

"Where were they all found?" Rossi asked. "Eve was found near Lake Anna. Rachel, Red Wing Park and Ava was found behind a store building in Jamestown." JJ informed.

"All found with a red blindfold." Hotch stated. "Could be some form of guilt, he didn't want to look in their eyes as he killed them." Casey said. "Ligature marks indicate some type of struggle." Reid tells.

"Yes, but the way he's hiding their bodies is sloppy," Morgan told. "He has to be new to all of this." Casey adds on: "He's dropping them off at different locations each time."

"Morgan, I'd like for you to check out Eve's crime scene in Lake Anna. Prentiss, the store building in Jamestown. Rossi, Reid, I'd like for you to look at Rachel's crime scene at the park. JJ, Willows and I will go to the PD. Leaving in ten."

     As ordered, the team headed to their significant spots and Casey, JJ and Hotch were at the PD and we're met with the lead detective and the sheriff. "Detective, Sheriff." Hotch greeted and the two turned and immediately reached for Hotch's hand.

   "Aaron Hotchner." The sheriff shook the man's hand first. "Thank you guys for coming, we really appreciate it." He tells. "My colleagues, Agents Jennifer Jareau and Casey Willows." Casey and JJ shake the men's hands.

    "Casey?" Casey furrowed her eyebrows and turned her attention to the room they had set up for them and is met with a familiar face and her face immediately lights up as soon as she noticed her favorite dopey grin in a uniform.
"Adam?" She asks.

     The man and Casey immediately collided in a hug. "Oh, my gosh!" Casey exclaimed. The two began to talk over each other. Hotch and JJ immediately shared a glance and Casey turned over to her boss and colleague. "I'm assuming you two have met?" Hotch asked.