𝒍𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊. cold shoulder

CHAPTER SIXTY-SEVEN: COLD SHOULDER !

7x02

━━━━━━

         CASEY WAS IN NO MOOD TO FACE EMILY, JJ OR HOTCH TODAY FOR THE CASE THEY WERE CALLED IN FOR. In the elevator, she knew she was bound to run into Emily and JJ so she took her phone out and began to act like she had been on it. Sure enough, she was right. They were walking together.

      Internally, she was hoping that they would just pass by her but that wasn't the case. "Hey, where were you? I wanted to do brunch." JJ asked but Casey couldn't even be bothered to look up.

     "I was busy this weekend." Casey said, glancing up for only a second. "Well, do you maybe wanna catch up next weekend?" JJ asked.

      Casey looked up and saw Reid was walking ahead of her, preoccupied with his own stuff. She knew he was also ignoring Emily and JJ. "I'm actually busy all month." She caught up with Reid. "Hey, Reid." She greeted and Reid turned his attention to the girl beside him. "Hey." They both stopped what they were doing and got coffee before they headed to the roundtable room.

      Meanwhile, JJ and Emily stood in defeat. "She hates me, too." JJ told. "No, it's me," Emily spoke. "She's mad at me." Emily knew that Reid's anger was directed at JJ and Casey's was directed at her. JJ had just been a common reason for her.

Casey and Reid arrived at the round table room and went over the files in their hands as they sat next to each other. Morgan had been in the room as well as Emily and JJ. Rossi and Garcia had walked in the room next, talking about cooking.

"Maybe you should show a Disney film and stick with burgers." Rossi told and Garcia sighed and Morgan joined in on the conversation. "You know, Rossi, you could always give Penelope a cooking lesson."

"Oh, my gosh, that would be amazing!" Garcia smiled. "That would be like-- that would be like the Iron Chef meets the BAU. And we could do it at your house."

"I don't have a house, I have a mansion." Rossi told. "So you've said a thousand times." Casey joked.

Hotch walks in the room finally and looks towards Garcia. "All right, let's get started." JJ noticed the remote to the screen in front of her and pushes it towards Garcia so she can take the floor. Garcia smiled and took the remote in her hands.

"All right, mes amis. You are jetting to Durant, Oklahoma, because in the last three days, two women have been found dead after being sexually tortured and then blinded with a sulfuric acid solution. Abby Elcott is our first victim. 19-year-old art student. She was headed to campus for an advanced drawing class. She'd been missing for two days. Same goes for our second victim, Beth Westerly, 17. She had just finished her coffee shop shift and was on her way to a bar method class." Garcia explained to the team.