𝒙𝒊𝒊. attacked

CHAPTER TWELVE: ATTACKED !

4x01
━━━━━━

         ONCE THERE HAD BEEN NEWS THAT AN SUV BLEW UP, HAVOC REEKED IN THE CITY. Morgan and Casey were left alive and untouched as they zoomed through traffic, the police lights blinking blue and red as they rushed.

          At first, Casey was worried. Where they were, the cell lines were busy and she tried contacting each member of her team and none of them had answered and she freaked but Morgan assured her that it had been the area they were in and so he zoomed and suddenly, Casey's phone rung and Garcia's Caller ID shows up on her screen and Casey sighed in relief and knew that Garcia had been okay.

          Casey immediately answered. "Garcia, I'm here with Morgan. You're on speaker." She informed as Garcia sighed in relief. "Yes, you are. Thank God." She said.

         "We're almost back at the federal building. What the hell's going on?" Morgan asked. "All right, we're going over the closed circuit footage right now." Garcia told.

        "Who else have you checked on?" Morgan asks. "You and Willows are the first. Rossi and Reid called me." Casey sighed in relief to hear that Rossi and Reid were safe.

        "All right, well, keep us on the line while you check on everyone else." Casey told. Another voice had picked up and Casey heard Emily's voice next. "Is everyone okay?" She asked.

        "I've spoken to Rossi and Reid and Morgan and Willows are on the line." Garcia informed to the woman. "Emily, where are you?" Morgan asked.

       "I'm following Detective Brustin to one of the NYPD's critical incident command posts." Emily told. "One of them?" Garcia asked.
       "Yeah, after 911, they decentralized. They had way too many eggs in one basket on that day." Morgan told.

        "Has anyone talked to JJ or Hotch?" Casey asked. "JJ was headed back to the hotel." Emily told. "In an SUV?" Garcia asked. Emily pauses, "I think so." Garcia's keyboard is heard.

        "Stay with me a minute. I'll dial her mobile." JJ's voicemail had cut out and the cell went dead immediately. "What was that? What happened?" Morgan asked.

    "It went dead mid-message." Garcia told.
         "Try her again. She's probably back at—" Suddenly, Emily was gone. "Emily?" Garcia asked and then the line went dead on Morgan and Casey's side.

           "Garcia? Emily!" Casey asked and looked and saw that she had no signal. "Ugh, goddamn it." Casey cursed. "Hey, we're fine. Reid, Prentiss, we're okay." Morgan assured, grabbing Casey's shoulder in reassurance before putting his hand back on the wheel.