𝒍𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊. male-chauvinistic prick

CHAPTER EIGHTY-THREE: MALE-CHAUVINISTIC PRICK !

7x20

━━━━━━

MORGAN HAD CALLED HOTCH AND TOLD HIM THAT THE TEAM WAS NEEDED ON THIS CASE IN HIS HOMETOWN. His sister had gotten into a car accident and she had claimed to see her and Morgan's cousin — who was proclaimed dead by Morgan over a year ago.

        The team was now on the jet as Morgan informed them of what happened with his cousin over the phone. "So, your cousin fled Chicago eight years ago because a co-worker was stalking her?" Emily asks Morgan. "Yeah, a guy named John Hitchens. Cindi and Yvonne came to me and asked me if they should be worried. Her emails and phone logs showed classic stalker behavior." Morgan explained.

"Multiple messages every hour." Reid read on the file. "Gifts he sent which she later returned. That would enrage a stalker." He explained.

"But until they become violent, they're smart enough to skirt the law. Human resources at the investment bank wouldn't do anything, and Chicago P. D. couldn't. So Yvonne and I convinced Cindi to move. She contacted us from Charleston on her way to Savannah. And then she was gone." Morgan explained.

"And Hitchens blew his brains out two weeks later in Chicago. Nice." Casey comments. "That was good enough for the local P. D. to conclude that he'd killed her." Emily added.

  "Except for one major detail. We never found the body. If his endgame was suicide, he wasn't organized enough to dispose of the body that permanently. That's why I never stopped looking. I just didn't think that she would surface right back here in Chicago." Morgan explained.

"We need to reopen both cases," Hotch told. "Both Cindi's disappearance and Hitchens' suicide. The discrepancies in each would explain her current behavior. Morgan, I need to talk to you when we land."

The team landed and they headed straight to the PD. They were greeted with Detective Palmer as Rossi had asked what he'd had. "I wish we had more to give you. You know how missing persons cases are." Palmer told.

"Actually, there's quite a bit here," Reid told. "These were found in Hitchens' apartment after the suicide. Some were blown up from the original film stock."

"So if Hitchens took them, he didn't zoom in on Photoshop. He's an old-school shutterbug." Casey stated. "Reid and Willows, check Hitchens' photographic background. Even 8 years ago, most people had gone digital." Hotch paired and the two nodded at one another.