𝒍𝒊𝒊. in conclusion: hotch is superman

CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO: IN CONCLUSION: HOTCH IS SUPERMAN !

6x06
━━━━━━

CASEY WILLOWS NEVER UNDERSTOOD THE HALLOWEEN HYPE. Of course, she loved it as a child but as a teenager she grew to love it less and less, year by year. This year, she decided she was gonna stay in, put her feet up, watching classic horror movies and pass out candy to her neighbor kids in her apartment complex.

She was currently in the roundtable room with Rossi and Morgan, reading over the file that had been sent over. Emily and Reid had walked in as Reid was explaining something that no one else was going to listen to.

"It became a little more commercialized in the 1950s with trick-or-treat, and today it rivals only Christmas in terms of popularity." Emily sat down and sighed: "All I asked was what he was doing this weekend."

Reid continued: "I'm toying with the notion of either going to the Edgar Allan Poe Shadow Puppet Theater or the reenactment of the 19th century Phantasmagoria." Penelope walked in the room and Rossi said: "I don't want to know."

"I do." Casey started, looking up at the man in front of her. When Reid looked at her in her seat, ready to listen, he nearly had a stroke. No one actually took time out of their day to listen to him. But Casey always has. So, he started: "Phantasmagorias are these amazing pre-cinema projected ghost shows invented in France, where the showman attempted to spook the audience using science magic. And it just so happens that I have an extra ticket."

Reid had looked straight as Casey as he said that and Garcia and Casey exchanged a look and Garcia said: "Tempting."

"Guys, I wouldn't have to worry about losing my feminine curves if you all paid more attention to all the trees we're consuming around here." Garcia sat with the team as she passed out the files. "When did you become an eco-freak?" Morgan asked. "Baby, I was born green."

Hotch walks into the room. "We're going to Detroit." He stated. "Well, there goes my two-day break." Casey sighed. "It's Halloween weekend." Reid complained.

"Arson investigators have noticed a 3-year trend in the days leading up to Halloween." Hotch explained and Reid looked up and said: "Devil's Night."

"This unsub is killing only these three days out of the year." Hotch said. "How's he doing it?"' Rossi questioned. "He's burning his victims alive." Hotch stated. "He's abducting seemingly random people and dumping their bodies in abandoned parts of town. He struck again last night."

"Tony Torrell, 40." Garcia spoke. "He lives in the suburbs, but he was found twenty miles away in the Rivertown District." Rossi speaks up next: "He's attacking the city at its most vulnerable time."