𝒍𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒙. hot for teacher

CHAPTER SEVENTY-NINE: HOT FOR TEACHER !

7x17

━━━━━━

     IT HAD BEEN A COUPLE OF WEEKS SINCE THE CASE IN PHILADELPHIA. Casey often found herself sitting alone and only speaking to Morgan, Garcia and usually the rest of the team — all except for Spencer Reid.

     Casey still hadn't forgiven him for what he said to her and what he practically called her. She also felt that Spencer didn't respect the relationship her and Sawyer had, that was a whole different thing, though. The point was: she was still pretty angry at Reid. Which didn't make cases any better.

     Speaking of cases, they were actually about to go on one. Morgan walked in last and Garcia had been suspicious of the fact that him and Kevin were walking together and she was confused by it since they never talked to one another.

"Garcia, I'd like to get started." Hotch told and Harcia nods, "Oh. Yes, sorry. Uh, two couples were found shot, uh, to death in the Delridge neighborhood of Seattle, Washington. The first was Mark Daniels and Ben Priestly. They were found dead in their living room. The second was John and Heather Miller. They lived 4 miles away, and they were found last night dead in their home." Garcia explained.

"Their daughter found them?" JJ asked. "Yeah. She had snuck out to see her boyfriend. When she got back, they were dead." Garcia informed. "Two double homicides must be rare in that area." Rossi tells. "What makes it weirder is that there was no sign of robbery or sexual assault." Garcia added.

"The shooter used a .22." Morgan tells. "Shot them execution style." JJ says. "He's experienced to use a pillow as a silencer." Hotch tells. "You don't want to wake the neighbors." Emily comments. "You know, these crimes seem to lack the emotionality that we typically see in personal cause homicides." Reid tells.

"Most executions are criminal enterprise related." JJ says. "The probability of these couples being involved in the exact same illegal activity is kind of low." Reid says. "Well, there's no way these were random victims of opportunity." Casey added, as Reid caught a glimpse of her as she spoke. Casey looked away, rolling her eyes as she did so.

"Garcia, any sign of forced entry?" Hotch asked and Garcia shook her head. "None that the authorities have found, no." Hotch had come to the conclusion that it was a home invasion. "Or our unsub is using some kind of ruse." Emily added. "Either way, they're calculating and dispassionate." Rossi tells. "And no appreciation for chenille throw pillows." Garcia comments.

"The violent and targeted nature of these crimes suggests that there could be more." Morgan finishes off as Hotch stands. "Wheels up in 30."