𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊. infected

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX: INFECTED !

4x24
━━━━━━

       THE LAST THING CASEY WILLOWS EXPECTED WHEN SHE WALKED INTO THE BAU WAS THE ARMY BEING THERE. Casey's morning started off normal and JJ called her in and let her know to not bring a go-bag, so she assumed the case was local. She had entered at the same time as Reid, Morgan and Prentiss did, the four all crammed in the elevator and arrived right in the smack middle of the army and everyone else freaking out.

       "What the hell is going on?" Emily questioned. The four decide to go up to the conference room to see what's up and why everyone was in a haste.

       JJ had been in the room, along with another woman that Casey didn't recognis. "Guys, this is Dr. Linda Kimura, Chief of Special Pathogens with the CDC." JJ introduced.

      Casey nods towards the woman in greeting and everyone else greets her. "Hello, I'm sorry to meet under these circumstances." Dr. Kimura told. "What circumstances are those exactly?" Casey asks.

      "We need to get started." Hotch stated and Casey looks over to see Rossi and Hotch walk in the room. Hotch had a sour expression written on his face.

       "Last night, 25 people checked into emergency rooms in and around Annapolis. They were all at the same park after 2pm yesterday. Within 10 hours, the first victim died. It's now just past 7am, the next day, we have 12 dead." JJ explained as Casey read from the file in front of her.

      "Lung failure and black lesions." Morgan read and suddenly had a thought. "Anthrax?" He guessed. "Anthrax doesn't kill this fast." Reid tells. "This strain does." Dr. Kimura informs.

      "What are we doing about potential mass targets-- airports, malls, trains?" Emily lists and Hotch looks over at the woman. "There's a media blackout." He tells.

       Casey's eyes widen and Emily asks: "We're not telling the public?" Morgan looks up. "We'd have a mass exodus." Casey looks at Rossi, who speaks next. "The psychology of group panic would cause more deaths than this last attack."

      "Yeah, and if it does get out, whoever did this might go underground or destroy their samples." Reid tells. "Or if they wanted attention and didn't get it, they might attack again." Emily stated. "Yeah, doesn't the public have the right to know about that?" Casey asks, agreeing with Emily.

     "If there is another attack, there's no way we'll be able to keep it quiet. Our best chance of protecting the public is by building a profile as quickly as we can." Hotch explains.