𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊. ex-convict

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX: EX-CONVICT !

5x11
━━━━━━

IT WAS ANOTHER WIN FOR THE TEAM. They had tracked down an ex-convict who had killed someone and kidnapped his own daughter. The guy had been sloppy with his crime and ended up getting caught. Casey had offered to ride with the head officer in charge, Officer Bunting and with the convict by the name of Dale Shrader.

So, Casey was currently on the ride with the two. She sat in the front as they began to drive to the station.

     "Killed a random woman and kidnapped his kid. Used the same truck. Not the brightest bulb." Officer Bunting stated. "He's been locked up for eleven years. It's been a while." Casey told. "Don't they say these guys come out better criminals?" Bunting asks. "Smart ones do." Casey shrugs.

      "You saying I'm dumb?" Shrader questioned. "You're impatient, angry. You took your own kid just to get back at your ex. Yeah, I'd say you're dumb." Casey told.

       "You got it all figured out."
       "Well, your ex-wife said--"
       "She was a liar. And I should have killed her."
       "Like you killed Stacy Ryan?"

    Casey scoffs at the man. "Why did you do it? I'm genuinely curious." She asks. "You wouldn't understand." Shrader answers. "Try me." Casey tells.

    "I didn't know they had Girl Scouts in the FBI." Shrader tells. "Shove it." Casey tells as Bunting glares at the rear view mirror.

    "Here's what I don't get about this guy." Casey begins. "What's that?" Bunting asks. "His whole life he's a thief, he comes out of prison a murderer." She tells. "He killed an innocent woman." Bunting says. "How do you know she's innocent?" Shrader questions.

    "You stabbed her and threw her out of a truck. What the hell did she ever do to you? You know, what I don't get is why you couldn't just appreciate the freedom. You could have holed up in that cabin a long time, enjoyed the quiet. But some people just need the distractions. You probably got used to all that madness when you were locked up." Bunting explained.

     "It's madness for the sheep to talk peace with a wolf." Shrader says. "That sounds like something my daddy would say." says Bunting. "Thomas Fuller." Casey tells.

    "You impressed?"
    "I'm surprised. So, you're the wolf."
    "You have no idea."
    "There it is. That despicable ego. Most men have it. You know, for one second, you were unpredictable. But you can't help yourself. You gotta talk a big talk 'cause you have nothing left except for your masculinity. But just so you know, that's boring and not everyone likes it." Casey explains.