𝒙𝒍𝒊. predator and prey

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE: PREDATOR & PREY !

━━━━━━

PENELOPE GARCIA'S MORNINGS USUALLY STARTED OFF NORMAL. She'd leave her apartment, get coffee and go right into the BAU and into her lair. That's how her mornings started off. They never started off with Casey asleep on the couch in her lair.

Casey was sprawled out on the couch, in the same clothes she had been in yesterday. She was asleep and she was using her coat as a blanket and a pillow that was on Garcia's couch. She looked like a sleeping kitten.

Garcia furrowed her brows at the girl and put her coffee on the desk along with her bag and tried to attempted to wake Casey up. Garcia puts a hand on Casey's shoulder and the girl immediately jumped awake.

Casey looked up and realized it had been Garcia. I mean, who else was she expecting? It was Garcia's office. "S-Sorry." Casey apologized as she rubbed her eyes. "Sorry, what time is it?" She questioned.

"It's 7am, honey," Garcia told as Casey sat up. "Why are you asleep in the lair?" Casey then remembered why she was in the BAU in the first place and remembered what happened last night and why she left home quickly. "I... I don't know if I can tell you."

Garcia saw how serious she looked saying it. "You can tell me anything." She sat next to her on the couch and Casey gave the woman a look. "You can't keep a secret to save your life." She told.

"I know, but I'm a good listener." Garcia told and Casey looked around and started talking again. "Um... I-I don't know if it's safe to..." Garcia began to grow concerned.
"Safe?" She questioned. "Honey, what are you talking about?"

Casey looked at the woman and realized there was no turning back now. She took a deep breath and began to tell her everything. From the flowers to what occurred the night before.

      And once Garcia had spotted Hotch enter the office, she immediately approached him. "Sir... can I speak to you for a moment? It's urgent." From then, Garcia and Casey begin to explain everything to Hotch and Hotch drops everything as soon as he sees the rest of the team enter the office.

      Casey had decided to stay in the other room as he brought everyone in because she didn't want to explain everything again since she had already explained everything to Hotch and Garcia.

     "I'd like everyone in here," Hotch says as he enters the round-table room. "Now." With the urgency in his voice, everyone immediately entered the room and Morgan had noticed that one person was missing. "Where's Casey?" He asked.