𝒙𝒗. baby kicks

CHAPTER FIFTEEN: BABY KICKS !

4x05
━━━━━━

        IT HAD BEEN A LITTLE WHILE SINCE CASEY HAD GONE UNDERCOVER. She and the team were at the BAU, ready to spark on a new case when Morgan had just been telling her, Emily and Reid about this girl he ran into at the local coffee shop and how she knew his name even though he had sworn to have never seen her before.

        Reid had been listening in and pouring his morning coffee when Derek had told them the story. He had taken the liberty to fill up Casey's mug to which she greatly accepted.

      "So wait, she knew your name?" He asked. Derek looked ahead as if he were in a trance and trying to put a finger on where he could've seen her before. "I don't know how I could forget a face like hers." The four had begun to walk up to the steps to the round table. "You've been with so many girls that you can't remember all their names?" Reid questioned as he headed up the steps.

          Emily scoffed, "Oh, come on, are you surprised?" Casey nodded along in agreement as she sipped from her mug, following behind Reid. "Yeah, I'm not even surprised." She commented.

        "This has never happened to me before." Derek said defensively. "It hasn't happened to me before either." Reid told.

         "Well, it can't happen to you. You have an eidetic memory." Emily stated. "Besides, you only got one name to remember." Derek added on, to which Reid sparked up a fake laugh and Casey, Emily and Morgan laughed along to.

         They had taken their spots as JJ had stood in front of the screen with the remote in her hand and Casey had taken notice of the baby bump protruding out of her stomach.

        "Okay," JJ began. "Six victims have been killed in a series of burglar/homicides all over central California. In order... Bakersfield, Fresno, Chico and, two nights ago, Alan and Brenda Paisley in Sacramento." She explained as Casey had put her mug down and examined the file placed in front of her and looking up at the screens.

          "Big area," Rossi commented. "Are we sure it's the same unsub?" JJ had seated herself down. "His DNA was found in all the homes." Hotch turns over to Rossi. "They hadn't connected it because he crossed jurisdictional lines." He informed.

JJ continued, "The head of the Sacramento field office has established a multi-agency task force and he wants us to run point."

"Looks like we got a lot of investigators on this one." Morgan stated and Hotch looked up at him. "We'll streamline it if we need to." He said.