𝒙𝒊. new york, the place to be

CHAPTER ELEVEN: NEW YORK, THE PLACE TO BE !

3x20
━━━━━━

         CASEY WILLOWS HAD ARRIVED AT THE OFFICE TO HER COWORKERS CHEERING AND BLOWING POPPERS AND WEARING PARTY HATS. "Happy birthday, Casey!" They had been cheering. Casey smiled as her co-workers had remembered her birthday and had decided to celebrate.

         "Officially twenty-one, my fair maiden!" Garcia hugged the girl. "I can't believe you guys didn't forget." Casey said as she returned the hug.

          "Well, Penelope wanted to do something special for you and Reid had remembered your birthday so... here we are." Morgan told and Casey looked towards, who gave her a nod and a tight-lipped smile. "You remembered." Casey stated, with a smile on her face. "Kinda hard not to forget. Eidetic memory." Reid reminded and Casey nodded, "Right."

            Garcia looked at the girl. "Okay, you want a cupcake? The bakery I usually go to ran out of cake so we decided to just get cupcakes." She explained. "Yeah, sure." Casey nodded.

            "So, you're officially twenty-one," JJ spoke, sitting against Emily's desk as she held a cupcake in her hands. "You celebrating by drinking tonight?" Casey shrugged, "Eh, alcohol's not really my thing, but... maybe. I'm thinkin' about it."

           An hour later, Casey had been sitting at her desk, filing out some paperwork. She would be doing her second evaluation test since you needed to pass three tests to become an agent. (okay idk how the fbi works so this is how i'm gonna do it lmao)

           Casey had studying until Hotch had called the team up to the round table room and Casey had strung along — since she was basically a part of the team. They had walked in on Hotch replaying someone getting shot in the head from security footage as everyone in the room walked in.

         "Don't get comfortable. There'll be time to debrief on the plane." Hotch informed. "Where are we headed?" Reid asks. "New York." Hotch says.

        "Five shootings in two weeks," Rossi stated. "It's about time we got the call." Casey stood as she looked over at her boss. "I want to take Garcia with us. Hopefully they'll give us access to their surveillance systems. Willows, I'd also like for you to travel with us, we'll need fresh eyes." Casey nods at Hotch. "Got it, boss."

        "What do we know?" Emily asks. "All the killings are mid-day. Single gunshot to the head with a .22." Hotch informs. "Any witnesses?" JJ asks and Hotch shakes his head 'no'.

         ".22-caliber pistol's only 152 decibels. New York streets and subways are routinely well over 100. It could be people aren't even registering the gunshot until the unsub's already leaving the scene." Reid explains.
           "They sound like mob hits." Morgan tells. "Except none of them have ties to organized crime." Hotch says. "Do they have any connection to each other?" Emily asks. "None they've found."