𝒍𝒙𝒊𝒙. the prank war has commenced

CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE: THE PRANK WAR HAS COMMENCED !

7x04

━━━━━━

        "DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THIS PICTURE?" Garcia had put a picture on screen that a Casey had immediately recognized from the day of a school shooting in Boise. It had been everywhere on the news ten years ago. She was only fourteen going on fifteen when that happened.

"Hotch and I were there," Rossi spoke aloud. "That's Principal Doug Givens. We had to drag him to safety." Emily spoke up next. "High school bombing in Boise, right?"

"School shooter and school bomber," JJ confirmed. "A kid named Randy Slade shot three students and then set off an IED in the cafeteria via cell phone, killing himself and 13 kids total, but not before posting all of his plans online. It was one of those "where were you?" events. My whole campus was glued to the TV." JJ explained.

"I remember the day of. Gideon got me out of school early." Casey adds. "Last night, Principal Givens was killed by a bomb modeled exactly like the old one." Garcia tells the team.

"It feels like the unsub wants to attack the man who kept the school together after the bomb. It's a pretty symbolic target." Morgan stated.

"And this week is the 10th anniversary of the massacre. And today is the first day of a 4-day event to commemorate the bombing at the school." Garcia says. "Except commemorating, it isn't enough for this unsub." Emily says. "No. He wants to relive it." Hotch confirms.

The team flew on the jet to Boise and Hotch separated Casey, JJ and Reid together to check out the crime scene in Principal Givens' home. Once they entered, it was already a bloodbath.

"So, the unsub has to be tied to the school somehow, right?" JJ assumes. "Current student, alumni, family member who lost someone?"

"It could be a Slade groupie celebrating his hero." Reid suggests. "He taped nails to the exterior of the bomb, specifically to rip open flesh." Casey pointed out. "That's a sadistic detail of Slade's the unsub copied." Reid added.

"Except he tricked Givens into blowing himself up. A groupie probably wouldn't show that much self-control." JJ says. "But someone with an ax to grind against the principal would. Maybe he's a surrogate for the tormenters in high school he can't punish. Who were yours?" Reid asks, looking towards JJ and Casey.

"The girls that wanted my boyfriend at the time. Middle school bullies... you name it." Casey said, getting an eerie flashback to her high school days. "JJ?"