𝒙𝒍𝒊𝒊𝒊. the house on mosley lane

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE: THE HOUSE ON MOSLEY LANE !

5x16
━━━━━━

CASEY WILLOWS LOOKED AT THE BUILDINGS IN FRONT OF HER, ANXIOUSLY. Hotch had told her to take some time — as long as she needed. After a month, Casey was ready to come back to work. It was walking back into the building that was the hard part. She hadn't stepped foot into the office in a while and was worried about how she was going to react. But she loved work... and she needed to see her family again.

Casey walked into the building as she took a deep breath and she soon spotted Morgan, JJ, Penelope, Emily and Reid talking. And the first person to notice her was Reid and he nudged his head towards the girl.

Penelope and Morgan had their backs turned to her and immediately whipped around and Casey had a smile on her face as the two both had shocked looks on their faces. They all looked on-edge with the arrival of their friend being back.

      "Casey?" Penelope asked and Casey threw a small smile at them and waved. "Oh my gosh!" Penelope dropped everything and immediately rushed over to the girl and engulfed her in a hug.

       Emily soon followed after with a hug along with JJ as Morgan and Reid approached them as well. "Welcome back, kid. But don't you think—" Casey immediately interrupts Morgan. "I know, it's only been a month, but I'm ready to come back. I gotta do my job, don't I?"

        Everyone stood in awkwardness and JJ continued,
"How've you been?" She asks the girl. Casey nods, "Pretty good. Finally found a new apartment, installed an alarm system that lets me know if anyone's entering my house and I'm seeing a therapist every week."

        To say that this month was the hardest to come by was an understatement to Casey Willows. After a week of being back at home, she immediately began to apartment search after the uncomfortability of being in the apartment she just didn't feel safe in anymore. Everyday in the month, someone had to stay with her. Sometimes it would be Penelope, sometimes it'd be Morgan. The only person she wanted to stay with her for just a night was Reid. She wanted to talk to him, but it was as if he didn't want to speak to her. Truth was, Reid just didn't know how to speak to her about what happened.

        "Well, it's good to know that you're okay." Emily says and Casey smiles at the group but her smile falters once her name is called by the person she currently wasn't speaking to.  "Casey." The girl looked up at Hotch and Rossi coming down the stairs.

       "What are you doing here? I thought—" Casey interrupts. "Well, I'm back. A month was long enough." Hotch couldn't blame Casey for the tense reunion. She was still mad and she wasn't even sure that what she saw was real. But she had to believe it was, right? He was the only person she wouldn't allow to come and visit her. He only left her a gift basket but that had been it.