𝒊𝒙. it's always hot in miami

CHAPTER NINE: IT'S ALWAYS HOT IN MIAMI !

3x17
━━━━━━

      IT HAD BEEN THREE WEEKS SINCE CASEY HAD ARRIVED BACK AT THE BAU IN QUANTICO, VIRGINIA. Since her accident, she had spent time getting physical therapy and it also gave her time to study for her testing. She had finally decided to go back since she was tired of being on bed rest to heal up. And she had already been healed up, so she was okay to go. She even got her doctor to sign her off for work.

      Casey had taken the elevator and arrived at the office. Things looked pretty normal. The first person to see her walk in was Emily and she smiled as soon as she saw the girl.

      "Casey!" She grinned and immediately welcomed her back with open arms. "I didn't expect you back so soon!" Casey smiled as the woman hugged her. "Yeah, well, I'm back." She said.

Behind Emily, Morgan and Reid had been approaching Casey next. "Hey, Ace." Morgan smirked and then went in for a hug that Casey happily accepted. Reid had given the girl a side-hug since he wasn't much of a hugger but he was willing to make a small exception for her.

Emily and Morgan had exchanged a small look and then looked back at Casey and she could already tell by the looks on their faces that they were hesitant with her being back. "We thought you weren't gonna back." Emily said in a joking manner but Casey knew deep down, they really thought she wasn't gonna come back. And maybe some part of them hoped she wasn't going, too. But she couldn't read minds.

"Why wouldn't I?" Casey asked. "Job's the highlight of my day." She looked upstairs and saw that Hotch was in his office and excused herself from the group and headed up the stairs and into his office, rapping her knuckles on the doorframe.

Hotch immediately looked up and was shocked to see that Casey had made an appearance. Casey's eyes fell slightly.

Did everyone just assume she was gonna give up after getting shot? Elle had come back after she had gotten shot — guaranteed she quit weeks after. But no one doubted her not coming back, they didn't do it with Penelope, either. Did they just assume she wasn't going to come back at all?

"Casey." Hotch stood up. "Hiya, Hotch." Casey greeted. "Glad to see you here. I didn't—" Casey interrupted him. "Expect to see me back? Yeah, neither did Emily, Morgan or Reid." She stated.
    "Are you eligible to be out on a case if we need you to be? Will you be alright?" Hotch asked, looking at the girl carefully. "I'm perfect capable, got a doctor's note. Ready for whatever's coming at me, boss." She assured. Hotch nodded his head. "Alright."