𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒊. garcia vs. reid

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE: GARCIA VS. REID !

5x03━━━━━━

5x03
━━━━━━

THE TEAM HAD BEEN CALLED INTO A CASE AND WERE READY TO GO OVER IT. Casey sat at the round table with the team as JJ pointed towards the screen. Hotch and Rossi had walked into the room.

       "What have we got?" Hotch questioner. "Ben Vanderwaal was killed in Commack, Long Island. Last night, shot at close range, once in the heart, once in the head, .22 caliber shell." JJ explained.

        "They found hair and blood traces from Ben Vanderwaal's wife, Heather." Morgan stated. "But not Heather?" Rossi asked. "No, she's still missing, presumed dead. The caliber and placement of the bullets match that of two previous victims. The first, Rita Haslat. Eight months ago, she went missing from her home in New Jersey. Four weeks later, she was found in a trash bin." JJ explained.

        "She went from that to this in under 3 weeks?" Emily questioned, motioning to the pictures. "She's totally emaciated."

        "Ligature marks on her wrists and ankles Indicate she was constrained." Reid states: "One in the heart, one in the head-- same as Vanderwaal." Casey added.

         "Sounds more like an execution." Hotch said. "Then why cut off Vanderwaal's hands postmortem?" Reid questioned. "What about the third victim?" Rossi asked.

         "Bill Levington," JJ changed the picture on the screen. "His appearance was certainly altered." Emily read from the file: "His genitals were missing."

          "Though the method of mutilation is different in each crime, Clearly there's a signature. The question is, what? Wheels-up in 20." Hotch stands and passed over a paper towards Reid and he looks down at it.

          "What's this?" Reid questioned. "You told me you were cleared to travel, you lied." Hotch stated and Casey raises her eyebrows at Reid. She had remembered a conversation she had with Reid about a week ago that he had planned to lie to Hotch about being cleared to travel. Casey knew his plan wasn't gonna work out and she was right. "Ooh, you in trouble." Casey teases. "Naughty boy." Emily adds.

         "Uh, no, I didn't. I am a doctor, so technically, it wasn't a lie." Reid said, looking up at Hotch. Penelope peeks through the room and stands against the doorway. "What was it, then?" She asks.

          Reid thinks. "Um...second opinion." He says. "Hmm. You're my bitch now." Garcia tells and both Morgan and Casey chuckle to themselves as Reid awkwardly looks back down at the table.