𝒍𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. target acquired

CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT: TARGET ACQUIRED !

6x17
━━━━━━

CASEY WILLOWS LOOKED THROUGH THE FILES AS THE TEAM HAD BRIEFED OVER A FAMILY ANNIHILATOR. Casey had taken time to notice the empty seat that belonged to Emily. She was showing up late all the time, she wasn't acting like herself anymore and it was beginning to worry Casey.

Garcia was now debriefing the team on the case. "Two DC homes torched, two families, on the same night, last night." She explained.

"I'm surprised it still hasn't hit the news. It's already mid-day." Morgan stated. "Yeah, all anyone's talking about is this storm that may or may not hit. I managed to find an online article about the fires written by this guy, Jeff Hastings, but no one's running with it." Garcia told.

"How strange," Rossi spoke. "They usually thrive on tragedy." Garcia continues: "Yeah, and it gets weirder."

"Ron and Lauren Cosenza and their 10-year-old son were found in the master bedroom of their home, each shot through the forehead. The gun belonged to the father." Hotch explained. "Murder-suicide?" Ashley asked.

"Well, it looks like Metro PD's investigation is going that way, but it's still the first 48. They want our help." Morgan told. "Kerry and Frank Fagan, like the Cosenzas, were found in their master bedroom from a suspected gas leak." Reid explained.

"It had to be massive to cause that. I mean, how does the news miss a house explosion?" Casey questioned. That didn't make any sense to her. "Any connection between the families?" Ashley asked.

"Only one," Garcia told. "A continent. Kerry Fagan was born in Germany, Ron Cosenza is from Italy."

"So, two of the five victims are from Europe. How does that help?" Morgan asked. "It doesn't. I'm just stating the facts, and the facts happen to be..." Emily had immediately walked in, interrupting Garcia. "Guys, I'm sorry I'm late." Casey stared up at Emily.

"You okay?" Hotch asked. "Yeah, it's just one of those weeks, I guess." Emily took notice of Casey as Casey began to study her. Sure, that probably wasn't polite but Emily hadn't been herself lately.

"I'm sorry. What did I miss? Arsonist?" Emily asked as she looked up at the screen. "One appears to be murder-suicide, the other a freak accident." Morgan told. "So why are we looking at it?" Emily asks.

"House fires are rare," Rossi said. "Add to that a few miles apart, within the same hour, kind of tips the scales of coincidence." Reid followed: "Yeah, if somebody did this, they're highly motivated and organized."