𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒙. the return of the reaper

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE: THE RETURN OF THE REAPER !

5x01
━━━━━━

CASEY WILLOWS' SLUMBER WAS INTERRUPTED WHEN HER PHONE BUZZED ON HER DESKTOP AND SHE HAD BEEN INFORMED THAT THERE WAS A CASE HER AND THE TEAM HAD TO LOOK IN ON. Casey was lucky that the case had been local so she didn't have to pack a go-bag. She drove to the scene outside of a hotel room and met up with Morgan, who had a grumpy look on his face.

"Sleep get interrupted, too?" Casey asked as she met up with him. "Oh, yeah." Morgan said. The two met up with Rossi outside of the building and Casey took notice that they were surrounded by police and an ambulance and flashing lights.

      "We're not working a case. Why call us to a crime scene?" Morgan questioned. "I was hoping you knew." Rossi stated. Emily had approached the three. "JJ said the police told her it was urgent." Emily said.

       "Four hours of sleep after what we went through in Canada, it better be." Morgan stated and Casey nodded, "Amen to that."

        The four find themselves up the stairs of the apartment complex and are led to the room where the crime was committed. "Oh, you guys are already here." JJ spoke, taking notice of her team. "You guys remember Detective Walker?" They are greeted with the detective, all four shake his hand.

        "Thanks for being here. I understand none of you are working on much rest." Walker states. "Who's the victim?" Rossi asks, looking down at the dead body in front of him.

        "His name is Nelson Martinez. From what we can figure, he answered his door, was forced into the apartment at gunpoint and then shot in the chest. It was all pretty sloppy."

        "No disrespect, but I don't understand why you need us here." Morgan tells. "Two days ago, a local doctor named Tom Barton found a note addressed to him at the hospital. It said the person was planning to kill his son. If Dr. Barton tried to keep his boy hidden, one person would die every day in his place." Detective Walker explained.

        "And you think this is connected?" Emily asks. "The note is signed LC." Reid speaks and Casey notices that he is sat over by the kitchen table.

         "Yesterday, we had another victim. Multiple gunshots outside the apartment. The shooter wrote LC in white chalk next to the body." Walker tells. "Now, unless Dr. Barton puts his son in harm's way, we're gonna keep having a victim a day." Reid added on.

         "Where's Barton now?" Rossi asks. "He's at home. He doesn't know about this victim yet." JJ asks.

          Casey then noticed that there is someone in the room that is missing and that was her boss — Aaron Hotchner. "Where's Hotch?" She asks JJ.