𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒗. sociopathic tendencies

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR: SOCIOPATHIC TENDENCIES !

4x21
━━━━━━

CASEY WILLOWS HAD ARRIVED AT THE MURPHY RESIDENCE WITH MORGAN, ROSSI AND EMILY AFTER A CHILD ABDUCTION CASE. They knew the odds. Prentiss and Casey were in charge of helping the family and updating them on the case as it continued while Morgan and Rossi examined the home with other detectives while Hotch, JJ and Reid were back over at the station.

     Both Prentiss and Casey entered the Murphy home. Mr. and Mrs. Murphy, along with the oldest son, Danny, had obviously been in the grief. Mrs. Murphy and her son sat on the couch while Mr. Murphy walked over to Prentiss and Casey. "Dan Murphy." He introduced, holding his hand out.

    "I'm Agent Emily Prentiss, this is my colleague and the bureau's intern, Miss Casey Willows." Casey shook Dan's hand next. "May we ask you some questions?" Emily asked.

    Casey turned her attention over to Mrs. Murphy who had taken some pills. Mr. Murphy saw what his wife had done and sighed, "I think so. Come in." Dan led the two women to their seats in front of the couch. "Thank you all for speaking with us. I cannot stress enough how much time is of the essence here. Abductions from the home are rare, and that allows us to narrow down the suspect pool even more." Emily explained.

    "What makes them unusual?" Dan asked. "Well, abductions typically are about timing and opportunity. Child walks home alone or gets separated at a shopping center, that sort of situation. This is a sophisticated high-risk crime — a child getting abducted from the home, it's what makes this crime unusual." Casey explained.

     "Whoever did this has good social skills. They're highly-functioning, and they have a steady job. He wouldn't look out of place to you and you wouldn't be alarmed if your children were talking to him. So he may be wearing a uniform, like a deliveryman or a mail carrier. Have you noticed anyone hanging around the neighborhood, talking with children?" Emily questioned.

      "Nothing comes to mind." Dan told. "No. Oh-- I don't know." Mrs. Murphy looked deep in thought. "Mrs. Murphy? Do you want to take a break?" Emily asked. "I think I need to-- need to lie down." Mrs. Murphy told. Dan nodded, "Yeah." Mrs. Murphy stood up. "Sorry." Emily shook her head. "No, it's okay."

        Mrs. Murphy walked away and Emily looked up at Mr. Murphy. "Are you able to continue?" She asked. Mr. Murphy nodded, "Sure."

       Emily looked at Casey to speak next and Casey looked over at the Murphys' oldest son, Danny. "Danny, you and Kyle, you always walk to and from the bus stop together, right?" Casey began. Danny nods, "Yeah."