𝒍𝒙𝒊𝒗. the slasher

CHAPTER SIXTY-FOUR: THE SLASHER !

6x21

━━━━━━

THE TEAM WAS IN DIRE NEED OF A NIGHT OUT. And their idea of that was a night at the movies. Morgan, Garcia, Reid, Seaver, Casey — along with Marco, had decided to go see Slice 6. A horror movie that Casey had been wanting to see for a while now.

         The movie was over and Garcia was now voicing her opinion on the movie now. "Unnecessary," She started. "There's too much blood and gore and blegh."

       "Garcia, it's a slasher film. How do you do a slasher film without violence?" Reid questions. Garcia had an arm around Morgan and Casey had her arm wrapped around Marco's arm as they walked. Seaver and Reid were walking in the middle of the two couples. "You imply it." Garcia argues.

       "Baby, the movie is called Slice 6, what were you expecting?" Morgan asks. ""A refreshing beverage with a twist of comedy. I'm gonna have nightmares for a week." Garcia says.

        "With everything that we do and see on a daily basis, that got to you?" Seaver asks. "Seriously, Garcia, you've seen worse stuff on the monitors." Casey tells. "Fake blood and people dying on screen; you've officially seen it all?" Marco added on.

        "Listen, newb, fair maiden and the Italian nephew of Rossi — you may be all Sigourney Weaver ass-kicking tough, which is awesome, but the mystical mavens of innocence like myself jump at things that go bump in the night." Garcia goes on as the three laugh at their given nicknames.

      "Why are you worried? I'm sure that Morgan will protect you. As long as he's not jumping out of his chair like a prepubescent schoolgirl." Reid joked, causing the rest of the team and Marco to chuckle. "The only reason I jumped is 'cause you guys woke me up." Morgan tells.

       "How could you sleep during that?" Garcia asks. "Easy," Morgan says. "You drag me out after a 12-hour workday... for what? You telling me that girl didn't know that the unsub was waiting for her upstairs? Come on, now."

       "You mean, villain." Casey corrects.
       "What?" Morgan asks.
       "In movies, unsubs are called villains." Reid corrected Morgan as well.
        "My bad." Morgan says. 

       "You want to know why horror movies are so successful?" Reid asks. "Oh, here we go." Casey says, suspecting a long explanation from Reid. "Why is that, genius?" Morgan asks.

        "They prey on our instinctual need to survive. In tribal days, a woman's scream would signal danger and the men would return from hunting to protect their pack. That's why it's always the women and not the men who fall victim to the bogeyman." Reid explained.