𝒊. blood in the water

CHAPTER ONE: BLOOD IN THE WATER !

━━━━━━

       IT HAD BEEN ABOUT A MONTH SINCE CASEY HAD OFFICIALLY JOINED THE FBI ACADEMY. She had currently been at the shooting range they had there along with a bunch of other people that had also been interested in joining the FBI.

Her earmuffs were on tight and her protective glasses on her eyes and she had been shooting and working as a blinking light had been blaring on and off and her fellow future agents were shooting at the cardboard cutouts of the 'creeps' and 'pedophiles' and 'criminals' and Casey didn't shoot at any point until the last minute.

She had been focused at what was in front of her, she didn't notice on the other side of the mirror behind her, her favorite agents from the BAU had been visiting.

"Willows!" The director of the FBI Academy had also been watching and the lights stopped flashing and the regular light had turned on and he had walked down the line to Casey's compartment and he pinched the bridge of his nose.

     Casey noticed all of the shots fired at the cardboard cutouts of the criminals. Director Francis sighed, "What happened?"

      Casey stood up straight. "I hesitated, sir." She answered. She knew that she most likely about to get pounced on. You can't ever hesitate on the field.

       The director looks into the gallery and sees the many shots fired into the criminals and then his eyes flare over at the only cutout Casey shot — a cutout of a little girl.

       "May I ask why you think little Susie deserved to die?" He asked, motioning to Casey's bullet that had gone straight for the head.

        "Well, she was the only one who actually seemed dangerous... at the time." Casey tried to make it make sense. But she had hesitated and shot the only thing that appeared in front of her. "And how did you come to that conclusion?" Francis questioned.

         Casey turned her attention to the gallery. "Look, the 'criminal' is holding a sign that says 'Homeless: Spare Change' — he's obviously not a threat. And the 'creep' here has a cold. He has tissues in his hand — he doesn't look like he would hurt a fly, he looks like he's just having a bad day. But look at the girl's books, they are way too advanced for a young girl and besides, from where I'm looking, she's the only one who appeared to have a motive. And why are you walking down the street in a sketchy neighborhood in the middle of the night? She's obviously looking to become the next child murderer and children — they're dangerous and you never know what to expect!" She explained her reasoning — which seemed logical in a way, to her at least.