𝒍𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊. full of regret

CHAPTER EIGHTY-TWO: FULL OF REGRET !

━━━━━━

CASEY WILLOWS WANTED SO BADLY TO ERASE THAT NIGHT FROM HER MIND. But no mattered how much she tried, every time she closed her eyes, the night replayed.

He wasn't dead, he wasn't. Casey repeated those words to herself. But those words didn't help the fact that she was walking into the service with a white rose in her hand and the glooming, pitiful faces of everyone gazing at the girl that got him killed.

Nobody blamed her, but Casey blamed herself. She stared at the picture at the front of the room. It was picture of Sawyer, in his natural state, smiling. In Memory of Sawyer Raymond Gunthey. She wished that it had been her instead. She wished he was here, holding her, telling her it was gonna be okay. But he wasn't, he was about to be six feet underground. And a little piece of Casey right along with him.

       As she took a deep breath, she walked in, greeting Sawyer's parents. She did, in fact, get to meet them... just not how she wanted to.

       The BAU team had decided to go to the funeral, in support of Casey. Everyone met at the entrance and decided to speak. Garcia shook her head, "I don't like this. We should something for Casey."

       "I don't like it, either. But we have to let her grieve, baby girl." Morgan told. JJ turned around and noticed Spencer coming up to the team. She surely wasn't expecting him here. "Spence?" She asked and Reid greeted the group. "Hey."

       "What are you doing here?" Morgan asked. "I'm here for Casey, to be there for her. Even if she doesn't want me here." Reid told. Even though they weren't on the best of terms, Reid still wanted to be a shoulder to cry on for Casey. He'd like to believe that Casey would do the same thing if he were in that position.

      "Speaking of which, has anyone seen her?" Rossi asked. Everyone looked around and Reid found her, staring at the ground and fidgeting with her hands in nervousness.
"There." He pointed. "Oh, my poor fair maiden." Garcia spoke as she looked at the girl.

       Hotch dropped in. "Nobody treat her with kid gloves, alright?" He told the team. "Just be there for her. For Casey." Emily nodded, "For Casey." The team had approached the girl and Garcia practically tackled everyone else to hug her first.

       "Hi, guys." Casey gave the team a small smile that was obviously fake. "Hi." Garcia hugged the girl and she could tell that Casey so desperately needed a hug. Garcia pulled away and looked at the girl. "We're here for you." She assured and Casey nodded.