𝒐𝒐. goodbye letter

PROLOGUE: GOODBYE LETTER !

━━━━━━

SINCE SHE COULD LEARN TO WALK, CASEY WILLOWS WAS A PACER. She paced when she was stressed, she paced when she was working and she even paced for good luck in a hospital in the waiting room.

And she was currently pacing around in her uncle's office after she seemingly couldn't find him anywhere. He wasn't answering any calls or messages and it was really starting to worry her. It wasn't like Jason Gideon to not answer his phone. He was an FBI agent for Christ's sake.

Casey exhaled. He had to have been somewhere. He wouldn't just up and leave. He wouldn't do that to her. So, why the hell was she pacing in his office, in her pajamas, wearing a UC Berkeley crewneck and leggings with her Uggs, worried out of her wits?

She decided to wait for the team to get back from their current case they were working on so maybe she could talk to them about this.

When the team got back, they filled out their paperwork, which wasn't that much since most of them filled it on the way home on the jet.

Spencer Reid had gotten back from the case and to his desk he went. Once he placed his leather brown satchel on his desk, he noticed the shadow of someone in Gideon's office. Thinking it may have been Gideon, he rushed up to the office and swung open the door.

"Gideon?" The swinging of the door had certainly gotten Casey's attention as she jumped and looked towards the door. "Oh, hi, Casey." Spencer greeted rather disappointedly and looked towards the swung-open door. "Sorry." He apologized.

"You don't know where he is, either?" Casey questioned and sighed rather hopelessly. Reid would've been her number one gateway into finding her uncle — seeing as though he was the genius' mentor.

Spencer furrowed his brows a bit as he gulped. He would've questioned why she was here when she probably should've been studying over at college but it was evident she was up here for the same reasonings.

"Yeah. Um, my uncle hasn't been answering any of my calls all day. He's not here and I'm worried. He wouldn't leave unexpectedly like this." Casey told.

Reid nodded, "Yeah, we have no idea where he is either."

Casey sighed, "I need a car so I can go to our cabin. I took a plane here. First place I came to was here and if he isn't here, he's most likely gonna be there. Might as well search the place. Maybe I can ask Hotch to borrow one of the SUVs."