𝒍𝒙𝒙. casey's cliché meet cute

CHAPTER SEVENTY: CASEY'S CLICHÉ MEET CUTE !

━━━━━━

         CASEY WILLOWS BARELY EVER HAD ANY FREE TIME ON HER HANDS AS OF RECENTLY. She'd been so piled up with work that she barely ever went out or ever had time to herself. So when the free day came, it was a shock to Casey and she expected to be called in for work at any moment.

        Today, this had been the most free time Casey had ever gotten. She went shopping for a new coffee table, paid her cable bill and was now ready to top the rest of the day with a nice of cup of coffee.

        Casey had ordered her usual cup and stood as she waited. She stared down at her phone to preoccupy herself and waited for a call from Penelope to tell her to get ready to come in but the caller ID never popped up. Maybe this would be a day where Casey could actually have free time on her hands.

"Caramel frap, five pumps of frap, 16 pumps of caramel, three pumps of sugar and almond milk!" Casey went over to get her drink when another hand had reached for the same drink. Casey looked over and noticed a taller guy had almost gone for the drink and he was just as surprised as her.

"Oh, sorry—"
"Totally my fault—"

The barista looks at the two. "Oh, did you two order the same thing—?" She asks. The man and Casey exchange a look and both laugh at the fact that they have the same coffee order. "Uh, she can have it, I'll wait." The man offers and Casey gives the man a look. "Are you sure? I can wait." Casey tries but the man holds his hands up with no worry. "No, it's totally fine."

          Casey couldn't help but notice... this man was cute!

The barista walks away, ready to get the new drink ready. "So, five pumps of frap?" The man asks. "And 16 pumps of caramel?" Casey asks back. "And the almond milk." The man smiles and Casey chuckles.

The man holds his hand out. "Sawyer." He introduces himself and Casey stared at him. He did in fact look like a Sawyer. Casey reached her hand and shook his. "Casey. Sorry for the mix up."

"Oh, how was I supposed to know that someone would get the same order as me?" Sawyer chuckled and Casey smiles at him and next thing they know, Sawyer is over at Casey's table and they're both chatting about coffee. The most favorites and the least favorites.

"What about iced coffee?" Sawyer asks. "I love a good iced coffee but I gotta be in the mood for it, you know?" Casey says. "You ever try a cappuccino with foamed milk instead of steamed?" She asks. "No, but now I definitely have to give that a try." Sawyer chuckles. "What about Irish coffee?" He asks next.

Casey immediately shakes her head. "Oh, can't do that. Whiskey early in the morning? No thanks." She says. The barista delivers Sawyer his drink and Casey realizes she's halfway through hers.

          "I have a friend at work, he always has his coffee with six sugars in total." Casey tells. "Six sugars?" Sawyer asks in disbelief. "That's the only way he'll have it. Never tried anything new. Sticks to the same thing." Casey explains. "I admire him for that." Sawyer nods.

           The conversation goes quiet once the two realize that all they've been doing is talking about coffee. "So, do you live in D.C.?" Casey asks. "Oh, nah." Sawyer sits himself up. "I came up here to visit my sister. I actually live up in Philly." Sawyer tells. "You?"

           "Virginia's my hometown, but I recently moved up here. It's actually been a year, so... not too recently." Casey corrects herself. "What do you do?" Sawyer asks. Oh, the million dollar question. Talking to this guy and not even talking about work was good. Casey had even forgotten she worked for the FBI when she was talking to him. "I work for the government. Top secret, can't really get into it." Casey answers. "You?"

             "Same here," Sawyer nods with a glimmer in his eye. "It's not really top-secret though, but to be safe." Casey nods in understanding. "I get it, I could be a serial killer or something." She joked and Sawyer chuckled. "And that would definitely be something."

           Casey's cell began to ring and there it was. Duty calls. Casey saw Garcia's caller ID pop up and she grew a tiny bit disappointed because she was about to leave this cute guy hanging. "What's up?" Sawyer asked once he saw her mood shift.

           "My top-secret work place is calling." Casey explained and she stood up. "I gotta go." Before she could walk out the door, Sawyer stopped her. "Wait." Casey turned around. "All I have's your first name and your coffee order."

           Casey rushes by the table and writes her phone number down and places it in front of Sawyer. "Maybe next time we can talk about more than coffee." Casey says. Sawyer nods, "Maybe." With that, Casey leaves and Casey leaves with a smile on her face.

           Casey Willows was a hard person to love, according to her ex-boyfriend in high school. Casey never thought she was hard to love, you just had to prove it to her. When she was dating Marco, he proved he did. They just began opposites to one another later on. But this guy... Sawyer... he made her feel some type of way that not even Marco made her feel. Sure, it was a cliché way that they met, and Casey loathed clichés but Sawyer seemed genuine and she could definitely see he was a good guy. If he had been a little odd, she would've sensed it. Since Adam, she could see through people if need be. She had hoped that Sawyer would call the number she gave. Because after all that she's been through, she definitely needed a new friend outside of work. And this could be the start of it.

 And this could be the start of it

hehehe 💥 demolished 💥

also reid when sawyer and casey talk about coffee: dO yOu GeT dEjA Vu HuH1!1!1!

😭😭😭 i had to

we are now introduced to sawyer!!!
kind of a filler chapter lol
anywaysss
sorry y'all lol
-mya </3