𝒍𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. night changes

CHAPTER EIGHTY-EIGHT: NIGHT CHANGES !

━━━━━━

      AFTER THE WEDDING, EVERYONE HAD BEEN READY TO HEAD ON HOME. Casey was heading to her car and Reid was walking alongside her, walking to her car. His hands were in his pockets as he strolled towards the entrance.

       There had slight silence between them but Reid instantly broke the silence. "You friend did a good job with the wedding." He commented and Casey nodded, "I know, right? Who knew an ex-government lawyer could be a caterer?" Reid furrowed his brows. "She's a government lawyer?" He asked.

       "Retired," Casey told. "She had a case that totally wiped her out and she decided to stop after that. I've always wondered what it was — but it definitely pushed her back. It makes me think a lot with this job."

       Reid looked her way in curiousness. "What do you mean?" He asked.

       Casey stopped in her tracks. "Should I have done something different with my life? I mean, I could've done more. But this was the job I chose. I'm just reminding myself that I took this job for a reason. And recently I've been asking myself that if I knew it all before, would I do it again?" Reid looked at the girl and realized that she was becoming him. Questioning herself about the job. She was the one that talked him off the ledge, could he do the same for her?

       "I think it's worth it," Reid told. "For you. I mean, you've really made a difference here." He assured. "You think so?" Casey asked. "I know so." Reid told and stared into her eyes and Casey stared back before looking down. "You know... I don't have to go home just yet. We should do something."

        Reid checked his watch. "Well, it's 2am? Would anything be open?" He asked. "I'd say my place but it is way too messy. Like even more messy than when you last saw it." Reid remembered the night once Casey mentioned it and looked down at the ground. "Why don't we go back to my place? We could hang out, watch a few movies, order food, I have a bottle of wine in my cabinet — I mean, if you can... do that."

         Casey thought about it for a second before shrugging, "Oh, what the hell? Let's go back to your place." With that, the two decided to go to Reid's place and Reid had offered to drive. It was funny because normally, Reid would never drive, he hated it. But when it came to Casey, he liked driving her.

        As he drove, he snuck in a couple of glances at Casey. Her side profile intrigued him, everything about her did. Once he looked back at road, Casey snuck in occasional glances of him, too. He was perfect, to her.

       They arrived at the apartment complex and went upstairs to Reid's apartment. Casey had never once been in Reid's apartment before, this would be her first visit. As soon as Reid unlocked the door, he immediately rushed in and started tidying the place up.