𝒙𝒍. once upon a time

CHAPTER FORTY: ONCE UPON A TIME !

5x17
━━━━━━

      FOR THE LAST FEW NIGHTS, CASEY HADN'T GOT MUCH SLEEP. This person sending her flowers had her at the edge of her seat and had her drinking more coffee than usual. That's why she had clutching hard onto her mug as JJ had told them about the new case.

    "Her name was Tanya Hill. She was twenty-nine, a bartender. Found two days ago in Edgewood, New Mexico. She's the fifth woman in over six months to be found dead in a ditch off the I-40 and I-25." JJ explained. "All were manually strangled. None were sexually assaulted." Hotch informed. "Well, maybe the act of strangulation is what gets him off." Morgan suggests.

      "Where were they abducted from?" Emily asks.
"All over." JJ answers. "Well, they're not just crossing state lines. These cities are hundreds of miles apart." Morgan adds.

       "That's a lot of bodies," Rossi comments. "Why is it taking so long to be invited?" Hotch continues. "We haven't been invited. We found this on HSK database." Casey looks at the file. "Well, a lot of police departments won't want this problem." She says, following with a yawn.

       "The geographic profile shows that only one of them has it," Reid starts. "They just don't know it yet." He stands up. "How do you know that?" Rossi asks. "Because he has a comfort zone..." Reid stands in front of the group. "Based on the direction he was heading when he dumped the bodies. All five cases point to our unsub heading to Edgewood, New Mexico." Reid explains, looking at the map. "And now so are we." Hotch says and walks out of the room.

        Casey lets out another yawn. "Tired, Willows?" Rossi asks. Casey looks at him with a grumpy look on her face. "What gave it away?" She asks with sarcasm. "Haven't got much sleep. Maybe I'll get some on the plane."

      "What's keeping you up at night?" Morgan questions, raising his eyebrows. "Nothing, I just... can't sleep." Casey shrugs and she walks out of the room. Everyone shrugs, thinking that all she needed was a few hours of sleep.

The team got on the jet and Hotch had sent Casey, Rossi and Reid over to the crime scene. "So, she was abducted 32.9 miles West of here, which means if they drove the speed limit, they got here in 30 minutes or less." Reid explained, looking at the ditch below them.

"So, how long's it gonna take you to get in that ditch?" Rossi questioned. "Get in that ditch?" Reid asked. "I got shot in the knee, remember? My doctor said I'm not allowed to do any climbing. Why can't Casey do it?" Reid complained, pointing over to the girl.

"One, I'm a lady. Two, it's a ditch." Casey told and Reid sighs and looks over Rossi and Casey before going down. "New boots, huh? Italian leather?" Rossi looks down at his shoes. "Yeah, what can I tell you?"
"I'm guessing the same for you, Casey?" Reid asks.
"Prada." Casey corrected.