𝒐. coffee shop

PROLOGUE:  COFFEE SHOP !

━━━━━━

       CASEY WILLOWS WAS CURRENTLY HAVING AN AVERAGE TUESDAY MORNING. She had gotten up early, did her morning run, headed back to her dorm, changed into her regular clothes and went down to her favorite coffee shop.

      Since Gideon had left, Casey had continued her education at UC Berkeley and was soon to be finishing it up. She had graduated two years prior at the age of seventeen (almost eighteen) and was now living an adult's life. The twenty year-old was studying hard and would soon be going off to the FBI Academy, in a couple of weeks here. She would soon be back home in Virginia.

     Now, finding a place back home — that was gonna be hard. Perhaps she could stay with Emily again until she was stable on her feet. But she wouldn't want to intrude on staying at her apartment, but maybe Emily wouldn't mind.

     Casey had currently been sipping on her coffee and looking for apartments to live in back in Quantico. She had to look for one soon before she would show up back home, homeless. Her eyes had stared down at the cost of a one-bedroom apartment and she sighed, wondering if moving back was even a good option.

       She must've been staring hard at the paper ads because she hadn't seen who had walked into the shop just moments ago.

    "Casey?" The girl snapped her head up at the sound of her name, her eyebrows furrowed and as soon as her eyes made contact of the person calling her, she smiled.

    "Dr. Reid." She said.

        Casey had recognized Dr. Spencer Reid, the man who was with her the night she'd found two envelopes addressed to the both of them from her uncle. Despite her feelings of him unintentionally stealing her time away from her uncle, she wasn't gonna lie, she had major crush on him back when she was sixteen but a couple of years had passed and of course, she grew to push those feelings away because of her irritation towards the man and plus, he was a bit older than her so nothing could really happen.

       And besides, she'd seen a new side of him since finding out Gideon had left, Reid texted her a few times, telling her that if she needed anything, he'd offer his services whenever she needed it. How could she dislike him after that?

Casey had stood up in her spot and went for a hug but then stopped when she remembered — "Oh, sorry. Forgot you had that germ... thing." Reid shook his head and smiled at the ground. "Oh, it's okay."

Reid didn't know what to say to Casey as he looked at her. Now thinking about it, they didn't really have much in common. The only thing they could really relate to was that they confided in Gideon.