𝒍𝒙𝒗𝒊. revelation

CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX: REVELATION !

7x01

━━━━━━

CASEY WILLOWS PACED IN THE ROOM AS JJ HAD BEEN IN THE TRIAL ROOM WITH THE COMMITTEE TO DISCUSS WHAT OCCURRED ONLY A MONTH AGO. "Why aren't we in there?" Reid questioned, standing in the room with Rossi, Garcia, Casey and Morgan. "They're just trying to intimidate us." Rossi told. "Well, that's not about to happen." Morgan stated.

      "We didn't do anything wrong," Casey said as she stopped pacing for a moment and thought about the events that lead them to this point and then looked over at Reid. "Right?" Honestly, she had been unaware.

      "I'm not okay with this." Garcia admitted. "You may not even be a witness." Rossi assured but Garcia looked towards him. "Sir, I'm not worried about me. Don't they have anything better to do than--"

       "Baby girl, this is just what they do." Morgan told as Strauss had walked towards the group with a cell phone in her hand. "Anything?" Rossi asked. "It doesn't look good." Strauss admitted but not before looking around the group.

       "How long is she gonna be in there?" Reid asked, talking about JJ.

        Since the last case, JJ had been reinstated into the BAU and Casey was happy at first, until the ugly truth had been revealed, to not only her but the rest of the team as well.

         It hadn't been long until the rest of the team had been called in. Casey was called in after Reid and had gone over what she was going to say in her head but all of that was thrown out the window when she entered that room and she could physically feel her heart beat out of her chest. But frankly, she was done with the games and she was done with the way she was handling things before. She wasn't afraid anymore. So, if she had to be herself in this trail, so bet it. She could care less about what other people were thinking now. It was a hard couple of months. And they had gotten worse in the span of another few months.

        After minor questions, the committee had gotten to the bigger questions. "So, you and Agent Reid made the decision to let Ian Doyle roam free under your care — is that correct?" Chairman Clark questioned and Casey looked up at the man.

       "Dr. Reid and I, sir," Casey corrected. "Didn't let him 'roam free' as you so put it. We both decided to stay close to him so he wouldn't roam free. That was the point of it all." The girl cleared up and sat tall in her seat as she did so.

       "So, you both made that decision? Or did Dr. Reid push you into making that decision without the knowledge of the rest of the committee?" Casey could understand why they felt the way they did. But she knew there was no other option they were going to take at the time. They had to do what they had to do. Even if that meant breaking a few rules.