𝒍𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊. wichita

CHAPTER SEVENTY-TWO: WICHITA !

7x07

━━━━━━

ROSSI HAD TAKEN TIME OFF FOR A WHILE AND SHORTLY ARRIVED BACK AT WORK WHEN THE TEAM HAD A CASE IN KANSAS. The team met up at the roundtable room as Garcia began to go over the case.

         "The bodies of two unidentified boys were found near Wichita, Kansas, a week apart. Both were Caucasian and between the ages of 15 and 17." Garcia explained. "They were each found mangled in the aftermath of a tornado." Emily stated.

          "Yeah, but that's not what did them in. The M.E. has determined that the cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head before the storms hit." Garcia informs. "Well, the death blow in each case was in almost exactly the same spot." Morgan says. "Now, what about all the other damage to their bodies? Some of their limbs are missing." JJ adds.

         "Yeah, victim number one, his right leg was taken off. victim number 2, both arms were severed." Casey says. "But was that because of the tornado or the unsub?" Emily asks. "The M. E. still hasn't discovered that. He's a busy guy. Major storms have hit the area. Twenty-three dead. The morgue is slammed." Garcia says.

          "It fits the unsub. He's got a hell of a sadistic streak." Rossi says. "Well, a tornado would clear the air and give the unsub the privacy to do his thing." Morgan adds on. "He may be using the storm as the body disposition modality." Reid says, walking around the table.

          Casey looks at her file. "Forensic countermeasure, wind, hail, rain, mother nature destroys the crime scene." Casey says. "Or he wants us to think mother nature actually committed the murder." Emily adds and Casey shrugs at the possibility.

          "What concerns me is the brief period between kills." Hotch says. "Only a week. He's moving fast." Rossi added. "We need to move faster. Garcia, get me IDs on all the victims." Hotch says, looking at the woman and she nods, "I'm a gale-force wind."

          "Wheels up in 30."

          "Oh, and pack for foul weather. The forecast is nasty." Garcia says. "We've taken cases in worse weather, how bad can it be?" Casey questions as she takes the file and her bag and leaves.

           To say that the weather was terrible, was an understatement. Casey was wrong, the weather was as bad as it could be. Probably even worse. As they flew up in the sky, Casey remembered the fear of planes she had when was younger. Especially ones that had turbulence — which was what this jet ride consisted of. Casey was buckled in next to Reid and white-knuckling her seat.