𝒍𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒗. profiling 101

CHAPTER EIGHTY-FOUR: PROFILING 101 !

7x22

━━━━━━

       IT HAD BEEN A WHILE SINCE CASEY WILLOWS STEPPED FOOT ONTO A COLLEGE CAMPUS. The team had all agreed to speak to some college students about the case of Tommy Yates. Rossi had insisted on doing this himself but Hotch had said otherwise.

       The team had all been standing on their little podiums as the college professor spoke to the students. "It's rare that an undergraduate criminology class gets guest speakers of this caliber. But today we're specially fortunate. I'd like to welcome an old friend, esteemed author and FBI Agent David Rossi, and his team, the Behavioral Analysis Unit." The woman introduced.

"Now, they've agreed to spend an hour of their valuable time talking about what they do and how they do it. So let's make them feel welcome." The class had applauded for them and Casey looked over as the professor looked at Rossi as he stepped up to the stage.

"Thank you, Dr. Grant," Rossi started. "Now, when she said I was an old friend, she was just referring to the fact that we've known each other for a very long time." There's laughter in the class.

"Now, as the good Professor said, I am Supervisory Special Agent Rossi." Rossi looked around at his team and pointed to each individual, introducing them. "These are SSAs Jareau, Prentiss, Hotchner, Morgan and Willows." Casey waved at the students. "This is Dr. Spencer Reid. And on keyboards today we have our technical analyst, Ms. Penelope Garcia." Garcia muttered a small 'hi'.

"At the BAU, we use behavioral science, research, casework, and training to hunt down monsters. Rapists, terrorists, pedophiles, and our specialty, serial killers." Rossi explained as he took his step back onto the podium.

"Does anybody here know exactly what a serial killer is?" Morgan asks. "Someone who's committed more than one murder." A boy says, raising his hand. "That's very good. By statute, three is the magic number. And it's actually more qualitative than quantitative for us." Morgan told.

Rossi stepped right back up. "And today we're going to talk about how some serial killers get made. Because if you can understand that, then you can figure out a way to catch them. Garcia." Garcia nods over as she heads towards the computer. "My liege."

Pictures appear on the screen in front of them. "Okay, this is Rachel Moore, a 17-year-old runaway from Spokane, Washington." JJ explained. "Now, she grew up poor and in a broken home. Her mom left her dad because he liked to drink and beat on them." Rossi added.