𝒙𝒍𝒊𝒙. jj

CHAPTER FORTY-NINE: JJ !

6x02
━━━━━━

IT WAS NOW A USUAL FOR CASEY WILLOWS TO SHOW UP LATE TO WORK. No one questioned it, Casey kept to herself a lot of the time now. It was understandable. Casey showed up to work, arriving with cups of coffee for everyone.

Casey was ready for the next case that JJ had called her about. A 19 year-old girl had gone missing and the suspects — two 20 year-old boys, who hadn't changed their story but they had definitely done something.

Garcia, Reid, Morgan and Emily were together, looking up at Hotch's office. The blinds were closed. That wasn't a good sign. Of course, Casey didn't notice, though.

"Sorry I'm late, I slept through my alarm, my coffee order was wrong and this jag-off idiot cut me off as I getting out of traffic. Things got really physical." Casey stated. "Oh, my God, are you okay?" Emily asked, at the word 'physical'. "Yeah, I didn't hit the guy too hard." Casey told, handing everyone their coffee cups. "What's going on here? Fill me in." Casey asked, nudging Reid and kneeling down.

"It's JJ, Hotch and Strauss. I think that pretty much covers it." Reid answered. "Ooh, that is bad. I don't think he's ever had those blinds closed before." Casey told.

Emily looks down at the girl. "Hey, did you cut your hair?" She asked. This was true, Casey decided to cut her hair a little shorter even if it was already at her shoulders. She liked it being just a bit shorter. "Yeah, you like it?" Casey asked, looking up at Emily. "I like it, but why?" Emily asked in curiousness. Casey shrugged, "Needed a change."

There is a pause and Garcia looks over at Emily. "Do you know something?" She asks, mentioning the fact that JJ was still in the office. "Do I know something?" Emily asks and Garcia looks at Morgan. "She just repeated the question. You always say that's a sign."

Morgan looks at Emily. "Do you know why JJ's in there?" He asks. "I have no idea." Emily answers. "Casey?" She asks, making everyone direct their attention to the girl and Casey holds her hands up in defense.

"Don't look at me," She says. "Reid, you're her best friend, shouldn't you know?" Reid shrugs at the question. "What is going on?" Penelope questioned.

"Maybe she asked for a raise." Reid guessed, making Emily and Casey look at the man with raised eyebrows.

It had been a couple of minutes and JJ walked out of the office and the team immediately looked busy with themselves, all of them doing a terrible job at looking busy. Hotch exited his office with his briefcase and everyone followed behind, taking their go-bags with them.