𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒗. final toll

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR: FINAL TOLL !

5x09
━━━━━━

CASEY WILLOWS SAT IN THE CHAIR OUTSIDE OF STRAUSS'S OFFICE, AWAITING THE MIND TORTURE THAT WOULD BE ENDURED ON HER REAL SOON. She began to think about the events that led her up to this. Could she had done something? Would it have turned out different?

Casey bit her fingernails anxiously as she bounced her leg up and down zoning off into space until the door had opened. Reid had just finished up talking to Strauss, meaning it was how her turn.

      Anderson walked out of the office and Reid followed behind him. "They're ready for you now." Anderson tells Casey. Reid makes eye contact with Casey and raised his eyebrows.

      Casey took a deep breath and entered the office and Strauss acknowledged her and Casey took a seat in the chair in front of Strauss's desk.

     "Agent Willows," Strauss began, taking her seat. "Ma'am." Casey addressed and Strauss studied Casey. "What's on your mind, agent?" Strauss asked and Casey gave a blank stare.

     "It wasn't his fault." Casey stated. She knew why Strauss wanted her in here. She knew why she was calling all of them in here. And she wasn't going to blame Hotch for what happened. "This was his family we were talking about."

     "Yet you managed to jeopardize your part on this team, correct?" Strauss questioned, clearly dodging Casey's comment.

     "We didn't jeopardize anything!" Casey argued. "His family's lives were at stake! Why are we even doing this? So you have more proof that Aaron Hotchner's not a fit leader? Is that what this about?"

     "No, it's not," Strauss told. "It's about making sure something like this never happens again."

     "Oh, please," Casey scoffed. "That's what this has been about since Aaron became Unit Chief, I asked around and I've known for a while."

     "Agent—"

     "And how can we possibly prevent something like this from happening again? You're just doing this to save your job and frankly, I'm tired of it!"

      "Agent." Strauss said a bit louder. "I understand your frustration with everything and I know that this is a loss that will take time to bounce back off of, but I need to do this. For protocol."

       Casey scoffed again, looking at the woman and repeated under her breath: "Protocol."

      "Now, do you remember what else that happened once you had Foyet in your sights?" Casey began to rethink the events that happened only days ago.