𝒍𝒙𝒊. a friend in need

CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE: A FRIEND IN NEED !

6x19

━━━━━━

AFTER ASHLEY'S GRADUATION, THE TEAM HAD DECIDED TO GO BACK INTO WORK. Being as supportive as she was, Casey went to Ashley's graduation. She knew what it was like to not have blood family to be at somewhere important but no one could show and relating to Ashley a lot, she decided she should go.

It had been Casey's first case back at work since the funeral. She took the most time off out of everyone on the team. Reid had been a close second. They'd often spend their days off together.

Hotch and Rossi walk into the room. "Congratulations, Agent Seaver." Seaver turns around and shakes Hotch's hand. "Thank you." She says.

"Who made the cupcakes?" Rossi asked as he gave Ashley a fist-bump. "I did." Garcia announced.

"Thank you all for coming to my graduation. It meant a lot." Seaver thanked. "Of course, we wouldn't have missed it for the world." Casey gave Seaver a side hug as she finished up her cupcake.

"Let's get started." Everyone sat in their seats. "Okay, we're going to Portland, Oregon and it's not for a Dead Moon concert." Garcia told and Casey looks at the file in front of her.

"So, Jay Johnson, a DJ, was cutting through an alley on his way home after leaving a club when he was bludgeoned by a pipe and then stabbed thirty-one times. His watch, his cell, and his computer were stolen. That was two days ago. Now, early this morning, Karen Heywood, a 30-year-old nurse, she died during a home invasion. She was stabbed forty times, but first she was bludgeoned with weapons of opportunity." Garcia explained.

"Eight different ones, to be exact." Morgan points out on the file. "That's too many weapons for just one person. Were there multiple killers?" Casey questioned. "There was a left- and a right-handed killer according to the ME report." Garcia told. "Yeah, but eight different weapons." Rossi sighs.

"So we're looking for a group." Morgan assumes. "Yeah, it seems that way," Hotch tells. "And the left-handed wounds were deeper than the right."

Reid looks down at the file. "Maybe a woman was involved?" He assumed. "Or a weak man." Ashley thinks and Casey gives the girl a fist-bump for her comment.

"Anything taken from the house?" Hotch asks. "According to a neighbor, just some random stuff... a computer, some jewelry, a framed picture of a lily." Garcia listed. "And pawnable items," Morgan says. "What do we have, serial-killing crooks?"