49. aster

A black cat, scampered into the room, weaving through the furniture.

IM IN LOVE

BABIE

U ARE THE CUTEST COME HERE

"When the fuck did I get a cat?" Levi muttered, glancing down as it stretched lazily by a window.

I LOVE THIS CAT

IT DOESN'T KNOW WHO IT'S IN THE ROOM WITH

OH GOD MY BABIE IS GOING TO DIE

"DON'T KILL THE CAT!"

"I'm an animal murderer now?"

"You could be- I would have no idea."

"I'm not going to kill the cat, I have no clue why an animal would be in this house though," he frowned in obvious distaste.

BE NICE 2 HIM

"Why isn't an animal in this house," I crouched down inching closer to the cat. "What's your name babie ?"

"Levi."

"I'm not talking to you- cat hater."

"Stop wasting time outside and come in idiot," Levi grumbled, raising his voice in irritation.

??????

"I'm already inside, what are you talking about?" I turned to look at him incredulously.

"I'm not talking to you- idiot." He smirked, laughing under his breath.

i hate men .

"Ah, I'm sorry Duke Ackerman," a tall, younger man with faded brown hair cut into an undercut walked into the room, awkwardly looking around.

EXPLAIN TO ME WHY EVERY GUY HERE HAS AN UNDERCUT AND A PERMANENT SCOWL .

WHATEVER THERE'S A CAT IN FRONT OF ME NO NEED TO FOCUS ON THIS CONVERSATION

PREACHHHH

"Who are you and why were you listening in on our conversation?" Levi snapped his gaze sharpening, in front of me the cat rolled over onto its back, meowing loudly.

U ARE THE CUTEST BABY BOY

"Jean Kirstein, sir!" He replied stiffly, his gaze trained not on Levi but on me as I crouched down to play with the cat.

I am a married woman-

"What do you think you're looking at?" Levi's tone was cold, sharp, and commanding- a chill ran down my spine as I glanced uncomfortably over to him.

this Jean kid is going to die-

"The cat- that's the kitchen cat I was told to come ta- find it and bring it back," Jean responded stiffly, his gaze awkwardly shifting back and forth between Levi's harsh glare and where I sat holding the cat in my arms.

Oh-

WAIT I REALLY DON'T WANT TO LEAVE THE CAT

LET IT STAY HERE

"Is that all? You're dismissed," Levi waved Jean off shooting me a small smile.

omg <3 that's the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for me-

"But the cat?" Jean asked, shifting nervously where he stood, obviously eager to leave.

"Just tell them what's happening."