21. camellia

"I apologize for whatever I did," Sasha sat nervously across from me, her eyes darting wildly around the room.

YOU DID NOTHING ILU

"I just think that you're very sweet," I hummed quietly.

I KEEP ON GETTING SCARIER

IM THE WORST

THIS POOR GIRL

"Did you know those girls who came up here earlier?" I continued carrying over a tray covered in pastries that had been left here earlier.

please don't be scared of me i have snacks <3

"Well-" her voice faltered, "I do but it's not like I was friends with them. We were only coworkers- I never participated in any of their conversations."

CONVERSATIONS?? THEY EXCLUDED YOU???

"What kinds of conversations?? Like sleepovers?? They wouldn't let you join in conversations about boys and things?"

THAT'S SO MEAN

"Sorta? Mostly talking about the Duke, a lot of the girls working here are interested in him-" she appeared more comfortable now, reaching out to grab one of the cookies off the tray. "To be honest Du- Y/N, I've always been a bit scared of the Duke so I didn't get it."

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN <333  

"Do you think that anyone would have actually tried anything?"

KUCHEL SEEMED VERY SURE

"The head maid seemed really sure- and they are pretty bold," Sasha seemed to be deep in thought.

ALSO SIDENOTE BUT SHE'S DEMOLISHING THOSE PASTRIES

U GO QUEEN <333

DOES LEVI NOT FEED HIS STAFF??

"Does Levi normally let them do whatever they want?" I questioned further, pushing the plate closer to her.

COME 2 THINK OF IT! During our confrontation earlier he was strangely passive-

I did take control over the room after a certain point but still-

by the way that was awesome you're so strong and cool and powerful <3

"Oh! Well they normally listen to what he says, and besides those girls work in the kitchen. Farlan works most personally with the Duke."

I guess since he doesn't really care abt me he didn't feel the need to step in-

inch resting

:/

"I hope that I haven't scared you- I'd actually be interested in talking more often with you," I beamed.

THAT PLATE IS CLEANED

"Thank you for your generosity," she bowed, wiping the crumbs off of her face.

"I'll ask for you if I ever need anything from the kitchens," I waved her off.

I AM STILL IN MY PAJAMAS

CAN A GIRL GET CHANGED IN PEACE???

APPARENTLY NOT

Okok so far I've made like five friends, Petra, Kuchel, Hanji, Sasha anddddd Farlan????

THERE IS A STRONG LACK OF DIVERSITY

ALSO MY HUSBAND ISN'T ON THAT LIST !

CONCERNING

His office is at the end of the hall right? Am I allowed in there?

After our conversation earlier- he just seemed upset with the fact that he was made to sit in on the conversation.

WAIT WAIT-

MORE IMPORTANTLY! Kuchel and Levi are fighting.

And I feel like Kuchel is using me to prove a point to him or something :|

Not that I mind because she's really cool and I think she has my best interests in mind but!

I wonder what happened for this fight to even begin.

Petra would know right? Petra and Hanji?

"Hanji?" I pushed open the door to my room, looking around the hallway.

Where are you ?? I wanna apologize for yelling and then maybe we can play board games or something <3

"Lady Y/N," she nodded stiffly, grabbing the door for me.

NOOOO

"I told you to drop the title didn't I? Unless you want me to start calling you by some ridiculous five part title, you should stop." I frowned pulling her the rest of the way into the room.

CAN WE PLEASE GET SOME EQUALITY IN THIS WORLD ????

"I- Ok," she paused. "Did you want something?"

WELL FIRST PLEASE LOOSEN UP- I AM STILL IN MY PAJAMAS SO JUST RELAX

"Levi and Kuchel aren't always like this right?  I thought she raised him- shouldn't they be a lot closer?"

Not that they don't seem close- she's comfortable enough showing her frustration.

It still seems like they're passive aggresively dissing each other in nearly every conversation.

Real men fight face to face in a courtroom <3

"Kuchel?" Hanji seemed to relax, "I'm not exactly sure what happened but- I heard from Oulo who was watching the Duke a few months ago that she's been visiting him late at night and leaving angry."

WHAT

"HANJI ARE YOU SAYING WHAT I THINK YOU'RE SAYING???"

"YOU'RE THE ONE WHO WENT THERE!"

AAAAAAA

"I DON'T WANT TO THINK ABOUT THIS ANYMORE I FEEL LIKE I KNOW TOO MUCH," I shrieked loudly.

Kuchel and Levi- PLEASE TELL ME THAT ISN'T HAPPENING

"IT COULD BE SOMETHING ELSE! I don't trust Oulo- he likes to exaggerate things. Eld on the other hand- was sent to pick up an order from a herbalist for her."

IS SHE SICK???

"She looks healthy to me ?"

"Something about a sleep issue?" Hanji muttered, clearly in deep thought.

Oh well that's much better.

"You did say that Levi doesn't sleep well right?"

Maybe she's just worried about him.

"That's true- he's been better since we got back from the capital city."

It's been one night and half a day idk if we can jump to that conclusion-

"Do you think that maybe she's just worried about him?"

THAT WOULD BE CUTE <3

She's got a whole overbearing mother thing and he's got a little :///// grumpy teenage child thing.

WE HAVE TO FIX THEIR FAMILY ISSUES.

"Of course she's worried for him, she practically raised him."

That's so sweet.

"HANJI WE HAVE TO FIX THEIR RELATIONSHIP <3"

_______________________

hmmmm I feel like this feels rlly rushed and kinda eh but I need it 4 plot reasons <3

- ameeeeeee