19. dianthus

"Hold on- we don't even know if it's been poisoned!" I protested.

It feels wrong to already be accusing these girls even without concrete evidence.

JUST ME???

APPARENTLY SEEING AS EVERYONE IN THIS ROOM IS UNFAZED.

"When everyone is here we'll question them- for now, it's better to be safe and gather everyone involved." Kuchel murmured guiding me back towards the bed.

HHHHHHHHH

"Y/N it's better to be safe," Hanji shot me a reassuring look.

YOU'RE RIGHT BUT THIS KIND OF ATTENTION SO EARLY IN THE MORNING IS NOT IT-

She's very right actually-

OK WHATEVER HANJI SAYS IS RIGHT <3

"Make this quick," Levi snapped, shoving open the doors.

Wow who spat in his coffee???

omg but what if he's a tea person

then uhhhhh *wow who spat in his tea ?????

"Petra and Gunther aren't back yet-" Kuchel pulled out a chair for him to sit in.

She still seems really mad at him.

LEVI UR TECHNICALLY MY HUSBAND BUT I AM 1000x MORE TERRIFIED OF MOM

THE WOMEN >>>>

"Gunther is outside with the girls- I thought it would be safest to keep them away from the Lady," Petra hummed stepping inside.

<3

"We don't really have any concrete evidence do we? I mean it's true that Petra heard some girls talking about me but that doesn't really mean anything does it?" I continued to protest.

I MEAN MAYBE 32743232 YEARS IN THE FUTURE WHEN WE CAN ACCURATELY TEST FOR POISON BUT-

"It still wouldn't hurt to ask them a few questions," Petra frowned.

ISNT THAT LIKE A LITTLE BIT TRAUMATIZING???

"Bring the brats in then," Levi motioned for the door.

NO ONE IS OPPOSED TO THIS ???

just u angel <3

HHHHH ok whatever I'll just sit back and watch I guess-

Three maids stepped into the room, all of them glancing around nervously as one of the guards from earlier, Gunther, shut the door behind them.

SO MANY PEOPLE IN MY ROOM AND IM STILL IN MY PAJAMAS.

SO SCANDALOUS!

!!!

"Farlan, were these the girls who gave you the tea?" Kuchel kept her gaze on the three of them as she asked her question.

I want to say something-

"Yes," he trailed off, his eyes meeting mine.

FARLAN ARE YOU ALSO INSANE OR ????

"Is it true that you were spreading rumors about the Duchess?" Kuchel continued to press.

SHES SO SCARY

it's really cool though-

GODDESS

"I-" the tallest of the three began to speak, her voice wavering for a second.

Levi is just sitting there zoning out-

"What do you think of this?" Levi murmured, turning his gaze towards me.

IT'S WAY TOO MUCH.

"If they did it they're stupid," I paused, "but I really don't think they did anything to the tea. Right now we're just harassing them."

I MEAN IF IT TURNS OUT THAT THERE WAS AN ATTEMPT ON MY LIFE IM NOT GOING TO BE NICE ABOUT IT BUT-

ALSO WHAT IDIOT POISONS A DRINK- ITS SO EASY TO TRACE THAT ://///

IT WOULD BE SO STUPID OF THEM.

"Why would any of us want to poison the Duchess?" Another one of the maids spoke up, she wore a bright green ribbon in her hair.

very cute <3

this isn't a levi x reader it's a y/n x every woman with a pulse <3

What's an x reader ?????

A WHAT ???

UHHH A NOTHING !!!!

"No one said anything about poison," I frowned, glancing over at them.

BUT I'M NOT SAYING YOU POISONED ME EITHER-

"It was just a logical conclusion-" the third maid who hadn't spoken yet snapped back at me. Petra's eyes narrowed at the three of them.

kinda rude but ok-

"I wasn't suggesting that any of you had poisoned my drink- I was just wondering why she brought it up."

BUT! If you poisoned my drink feel free to confess right now so I can get dressed <3

The three of them shared a quick look before glancing over at Levi, who continued to look disinterested in the entire conversation.

Honestly same <33333

"Do you distrust the Duke's staff that much?" The girl with the green ribbon stepped up again.

She's not even trying to be nice anymore.

"If I distrusted my husband's staff I would have replaced all of you- I am part of the royal family after all."

MORE LIKE A COUSIN TWICE REMOVED BUT ITS OK <3

"I don't mean any disrespect Duchess Y/N- I was just worried that you were doubting the Duke," she seemed to flinch at the mention of the word 'husband.'

Oh ???

"As long as he doesn't doubt me I don't see any reason to doubt him- I'm more worried that you got the wrong idea about our relationship." I paused, "maybe you felt comfortable spreading rumors of our relationship given our arrival last night? Or maybe you were jealous?"

IM SCARING MYSELF-

"Speculation on the details of my relationship will not be tolerated," Levi snapped, finally focusing back on the conversation.

THE TWO OF US ARE SO SCARY.

HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE SCARY ONE AND I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE COMIC RELIEF BUT-

I GUESS WE'RE BOTH JUST SCARY <3

"Of course," the three girls seemed to back down from the fight almost immediately.

THIS IS SO SAD- WOMEN HATING WOMEN OVER MEN IS SUPER STINKY <3 WE HAVE BETTER THINGS TO FIGHT ABOUT <3 LIKE WHEN THE APPROPRIATE TIME IS TO NOT WEAR SOCKS

"I hope this doesn't come between us- I only got defensive because you seemed to be suggesting that I was purposely trying to disgrace Levi. Now that that's cleared up- I'm sure you three would never even think of poisoning my drink."

I DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO DO THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE.

"Everyone leave the room," Levi nodded towards the door, watching as everyone filed out.

I'm terrified-

________________________________

once y/n & levi start developing feelings i think they deserve 2 still be allowed 2 be scary <3

like i don't want them to get all soft suddenly <3 y/n is fighting 4 her life and levi is levi

- ami