109. asphodel

"Duke Ackerman," the man completely ignored me, directing his attention to Levi. "The First Princess would like to invite you to tea."

...

WE'RE ON A DATE RN...

I MEAN I GET THT SHE HATES ME BUT THIS ONLY LOOKS BAD FOR HER

"Immediately?" Levi didn't look away from me, nearly ignoring the man.

should i act pitiful and make her look even worse?

"Levi-" I reached out and grabbed his hand, looking at him earnestly, "if the First Princess wants to speak to you, you should go. I would've liked to spend more time with you but I understand that you have other responsibilities."

DO I LOOK SAD AND CRUSHED ??

"Y/N," Levi caught on, squeezing my hand back, "you're the Duchess and my wife, the First Princess can wait."

swooning <3

"No really- I wouldn't want your reputation to be hurt over something like this," I forced tears to come to my eyes.

I NEED TO BLINK SO BAD

"The First Princess needs you now," the man did not relent.

oh wow

"You've made her cry," Levi snapped, his voice attracting a small crowd of onlookers.

MWAHAHAHA

"It's fine really," I sniffed, wiping at my eyes. "I don't want to embarrass you or cause a scene, you should go."

HOW'S THAT

"I can't leave you when you're like this," Levi murmured, pulling me to his chest.

he must be cringing so bad rn

this is enjoyable for multiple reasons

ruining the first princess's reputation while also forcing levi to do embarrassing things in public <3

"The First Princess?"

"Shouldn't they wait for a better time?"

"They were clearly on a date. I can't believe she sent someone to interrupt them."

Murmurs erupted from the small crowd of people that had formed around us.

it's working

"That should be enough shouldn't it?" I whispered to Levi, burying my face in his chest so no one would see me speaking.

<33

"More than enough," he whispered back, pulling me closer. "Should we get out of here?"

i would love to

QUICK THINK OF SOMETHING SAD

mr squid alone at home bc we couldn't bring him

"I'll go back to the carriage, you should go Levi," I pushed myself away from him, tears welling up in the corners of my eyes.

mr squid ): my one true love

"I'm not leaving without you," Levi firmly held onto my hand, feigning concern for the crowd that was steadily growing.

"The First Princess only requested the Duke," the messenger appeared to be growing slightly flustered about the situation but held firm.

that's to be expected

she wanted me to throw a fit about wanting to come with levi didn't she?

then she would claim that i wasn't letting him be alone

and if i didn't insist on going and just let levi leave she no doubt would have created a rumor about levi escaping my grasp

the only way to avoid anything like that from happening was to make her look like the villain

that's why we had to be in a public space

and why levi has to pretend like he can't stand to see me in distress when he clearly has no problem being mean to me normally <3

"Levi-" I let go of his hand, standing up to leave, tears dripping down my face, "don't worry about me."

im glamorous even when crying <3

The crowd gasped as I turned on my heel and began running away from Levi and the messenger towards our carriage.

"Look what you did!" Levi snapped at the messenger angrily before running after me, his tone softening, "Y/N- let me take you back home at the very least."

we deserve awards for our acting

"Y/N," he repeated, catching up to me.

y/n . i repeated in my head trying really hard to focus on crying and not laughing at your face...

"Levi..."

"Let's go," he muttered firmly, sweeping me off my feet into a princess carry in one fluid motion.

wow .

"Are we out of earshot?" I whispered to Levi, glancing back at the crowd that was beginning to split off into hushed conversation.

"You're fine," he murmured back, opening the door to our carriage.

finally

"You look constipated when you're uncomfortable," I erupted into a fit of laughter as soon as the door was closed.

IT'S SO FUNNY

"Shut up."

"AHAHAHAAAH IT'S TRUE THOUGH-"

i mean you sold it anyway but

"What were you thinking about that made you cry like that?" Levi quickly changed the subject.

uh .

"Mr Squid being left alone in our big house."

"With all of our servants and Isabel, who loves him?" Levi teased lightly.

YEAH WELL .

"I'm not there so of course he's feeling sad-"

"I can't believe you made an entire crowd of people get upset at royalty for making you cry by thinking about a cat."

HEY IT WAS A TEAM EFFORT

"Without you selling your anger and concern my tears wouldn't have been effective at all, we work together."

and look good doing it

"And how do we stack up against the First Prince and Princess?"

well-

"For starters, I don't think they're not as good at acting as us-"

"And?" Levi leaned his head on my shoulder as our carriage departed for our house.

"And we have the power of love on our side."

"Oh really?"

"Really."

"What's that going to do against money and power?"

"To be clear we don't lack that either."

"You're right, they don't stand a chance."

_______________________________

tidal is so long its had to be on three different google docs- im writing on the third (and possibly final one) it has just hit 200 pages

google docs stop working correctly at like 250 pages <333

- ami