118. bauhinia

"You have some nerve," I scowled over at Levi, my nails digging into the palm of my hand.

"Look at yourself," Levi held open a pocket watch, my expression reflected back in the silver metal.

dear god

"Oh my god, you're right-"

"Right?"

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I'VE LOOKED LIKE THAT EVERY SINGLE TIME AND NO ONE HAS SAID ANYTHING."

"It's impressive, you're intimidating when you need to be, that's something to be proud of."

hold on-

"Are you implying that I'm not intimidating normally?"

"Yes?"

):

"I wanted to be hot scary."

Levi stared at me, smirking slightly.

HELP THAT'S SCARY

and hot

yes and hot

"Don't just stare at me say something-"

"I'm weighing my options," he rolled his eyes at me. "I'm not sure I want to feed your ego anymore."

that's literally your job

"Why do I keep you around?"

"To feed your ego," he chuckled, relaxing more as our carriage began to depart from the stifling atmosphere of the palace.

exactly <33

"My half-brother and sister are trying their hardest to damage my ego I need you to dote on me."

"As if it's working."

just a little bit

"You're right but still-"

y/n you don't need a fancy ring to be loved

I KNOW THAT'S NOT WHAT BOTHERS ME

THE RING IS DISPOSABLE

"Last time I came here I received an invitation from the first princess to attend a ball being held to celebrate the engagement of some young lady that she's close to," Levi paused, "it sounds like a shitty event to me but-"

are you asking if i want to go?

"I'd rather not see her for another five years."

"I'll decline," he nodded. "The place would be crawling with assholes anyway."

i don't want to make a scene at someone's engagement party

"Stop right there!" A loud voice called from outside of the carriage which came to an abrupt stop seconds later.

and we almost escaped

"Levi let's run away."

"On the count of three," he nodded, dead serious.

i do not want to stay here

"Don't think of running away," the voice continued.

i hate you whoever you are

"How many people do you think are outside of this carriage?" I began formulating a plan, "how many can you take?"

"It doesn't sound like they have us surrounded, we can just make a run for it."