75. nasturtium

"Have any of you seen the Duchess?" I heard the sounds of muffled shouting from outside of the room.

huh-

"She's not in her room?" Another voice, Farlan's, joined in, filled with concern.

what time is it?

"Petra couldn't find her this morning when she went to wake her up," Kuchel's voice sounded frantic and worried. "I've checked the office and the library she isn't in either. Hanji is looking for her outside- if she was taken there's no way they got that far, right?"

NO WAIT

HOLD ON

UH

ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT ME ??

Y/N YOU ARE A PROBLEM

"We should mobilize a larger force immediately, I'll contact local officials," Farlan immediately sprung into action. "Take Kuchel to the kitchens, calm her down," he addressed the last part to someone else outside in the hall who murmured something in recognition.

NO WAIT

I scrambled to get out of bed- dragging half of the blankets off in the process, before rushing to the doors.

YOU'VE GOT IT ALL WRONG

I'M ALIVE AND NOT KIDNAPPED

IM SO SORRY KUCHEL

"Is there supposed to be someone in Levi's room?" Farlan asked, worry filling his tone.

"No, no one should be cleaning this part of the mansion," Kuchel responded.

THANK GOD SHE'S STILL HERE I CAN EXPLAIN

"Step back," Farlan cautioned the group in the hall.

"I'M FINE- DON'T WORRY!" I threw open the door rushing out into the hall, nearly stepping into the sharp blade that was being pointed towards me in the process.

WHY IS FARLAN ABOUT TO STAB ME ???

"State your ident- Y/N?"

HI ????

"Uhh good morning?"

"Thank god," Kuchel rushed over to me, pushing Farlan to the side.

"Just what were you doing in Levi's room?" Farlan asked, bewildered, we had moved into a sitting room and everyone had begun to calm down from the initial confusion.

uhhhhhhhhhhh

"I was having a hard time sleeping so I went on a bit of a walk," I explained, heat rising slightly to my face in embarrassment.

and i missed him a bit

"I should've checked there immediately," Kuchel muttered, clearly taking this whole situation the hardest.

im sorry

"Please don't blame yourself," I frowned, "I've never been there before so you had no reason to think that I would be there."

in a way it's almost reassuring to see so many people worried about me

even if i feel terrible for scaring everyone-

especially the guards

"I'm sorry for pointing a sword at you," Farlan apologized.

YOU WERE JUST DOING YOUR JOB