116. lavatera

"Levi you're finally here!" the first princess shot up from her seat latching herself to Levi's side as soon as the two of us walked in.

wow......

levi ur such a womanizer .... A GIRL ON EACH ARM ??

ALSO WOW ???? SHE'S TOTALLY DIFFERENT IN FRONT OF HIM

"It's Duke Ackerman," Levi reminded, shaking her off before leading me to our seats.

is he alright?

"Don't act so cold Levi-"

"What did you want to talk about?" Levi cut her off. I studied his face, watching as he clenched and unclenched his jaw.

that looks painful

"You-" she pouted slightly before coming to join the two of us, her dress swishing as she walked. It was a long white dress that looked almost bridal, the small white silk flowers adorned the skirt and parts of the bodice, similar flowers detailed her gloves and could be seen in her jewelry. "You aren't normally this cold."

im so mad

why are we fighting

when we could be best friends

"You've deluded yourself then," Levi scoffed, I reached for his hand, squeezing it tightly.

"Forgive us," I bowed slightly, smiling slightly at the princess, "we planned a stroll in the gardens later, Levi must just be excited about our date."

it would be nice if we could do that at some point

"Oh my," she frowned slightly, quickly smiling once again to hide it. "I'm keeping you two away from each other again," she laughed, not a hint of sorrow or apology in her tone.

"Yes, you are," I flipped open my fan, smiling at her over it. Levi and I were wearing matching outfits, my dress was a deep red with gold details, the skirt was long and flowy. The fan that I was holding matched the dress, and was decorated with the Ackerman house crest. Levi was wearing a black suit with red details, his cufflinks were gold as with the watch he wore on his wrist.

we really are an attractive couple

"I couldn't help but notice the painting in the hall back there," I decided to cut right to it. "Whoever requested it must've not understood your relationship with my husband."

"What painting?" She feigned innocence.

"The one you requested." Levi's jaw tensed again.

RESTRAINT

"Oh well," she took a sip of her tea, "I'm sure that you'll have no problems with it once we're married."

ah

"And what do you mean by that?" Now it was my turn to curb my anger.

"I mean of course that everything will be back to how it should be."

there was a part of me that had remained sympathetic to whatever situation the first princess was in

despite everything that had happened i was still trying to give her the benefit of the doubt

i thought that maybe, just maybe she had her own reasons and while i can't agree with them i could at least understand her perspective

i guess i was only able to think like that because i had never talked to her like this

i feel it all slipping away now

"Since the two of you don't seem to want to be civil about this I'll cut right to the chase," her gaze narrowed. "What will it take for you to leave her?" She directed her question solely to Levi.

were you ever civil about it?

"We're all for civility as long as the other party reciprocates." I interjected before Levi could say anything, "clearly it has not been."

"I didn't ask for your opinion," she shot me a cold unforgiving look.

"I will not be leaving Y/N, I have nothing left to want," Levi shook his head decisively. "If you want to build a relationship with me your current attitude is doing nothing to help your case."

"Surely there's something," she leaned forward, the look in her eyes was calculating, terrifyingly so. "Money? Power? Land? All of that will be yours if you come to me."

"If I wanted any of those things I would've already taken them," Levi paused, scowling down at her. "There's only one thing I want."

"And that is?" She leaned further forward.

"Leave the two of us alone, you're only digging a deeper hole for yourself, nothing positive will ever come out of you continuing to chase after me like a stray dog."

for a second there i was worried that he might say something else

"You heard him," I shot her a look of pity, my grip on Levi's hand tightening as if it was the only thing grounding me at this moment. "Stop chasing after something that isn't yours."

"Oh? Because it's yours?" She looked irritated but amused.

"Exactly for that reason," I beamed over at her, "I was beginning to think that you lacked the intelligence to understand."

"As if you could ever stop me."

what do you want? a proper rejection? me to grovel at your feet and beg you to leave us alone?

"Hitch," Levi called her by her real name, her face immediately brightening. "I have never liked you, I have only ever tolerated your affection because of your status but you've crossed one too many lines. I have a wife now, for the sake of what little respect I have left for your family, stop this at once."

"You don't have a wife," her face seemed to wilt, "you have a concubine."

your words have less effect when you're clearly distraught

"And what do you have?" I refused to let myself be affected by her words, "nothing. Even if you succeed in pulling us apart I will always have Levi's love and respect, the same cannot be said for you."

what's the point?

you separate us only to spend the rest of your life in a loveless marriage?

i don't understand it

___________________

every time i remind myself tht hitch is the first princess i silently curse myself . i genuinely like her and i am butchering her personality i am so sorry 2 all my fellow hitch enjoyers <33

- ami