53. primrose

"It's suffocating in there," the second princess sighed, relaxing as we moved further into the maze. "Relax I don't have anything against you, speak freely."

IM GOING TO GET KILLED

"Thank you," I smiled, still tense.

IM CALLING IT NOW- SHE ASKED ME TO LEAVE THE PARTY SO THAT SHE CAN MESS WITH ME

PREPARE FOR BULLYING

!!!

"I'm not my sister, you have nothing to worry about, besides it must get tiring talking about your husband all the time," she paused muttering under her breath, "I'm tired of hearing about him anyway."

same :/

"Are you close with the first princess?" I was pretty sure that at every event I had gone to before they had been together, it seemed uncharacteristic of the second princess to be doing this now.

im so confused

when does the bullying start?

are you taking me out here to beat me up ? or is this the beginning of a lifelong friendship ?

"Of course," Annie shot me a wary glance, "I know it doesn't seem like it to you but she's really not that bad."

I find that hard to believe

"How could I insult the first princess? She's been nothing but lovely to me, reaching out and inviting me to this event," I beamed, expressing my gratitude.

if you count sending people to spy and spread rumors in my household lovely

"You can stop pretending, I proofread the letters, and the two of you were seconds away from getting into some sort of fight in there. That stunt you pulled with the Duke- you've got guts," she laughed loudly, coming to a stop in front of a large fountain.

This is the part where I get pushed in-

"I really wasn't trying to bother the princess with that but, I'll admit that I'm uncomfortable with her obsession with my husband."

"Well it got under her skin, and you had to have known about her feelings towards him."

"I apologize for my rudeness Princess Annie but I'm unclear as to why you called me out here. Did your sister ask you to do something?"

"You're justified," she sighed, rubbing her temple, "the first princess has her reasons just as I believe you have yours, believe me, I'd be happier if she wasn't hung up over your husband."

"I don't understand, whose side are you on?"

"Whatever side gets me through a week of not hearing about how 'dreamy' Duke Ackerman is," Annie grumbled, "I don't support my sister in whatever she's trying to do but, she is my sister as delusional as she is I can't hate her, she has her reasons."

"Why would you tell me this?"

"I have no idea what you're planning Duchess but it would do you well to look into the Princess, perhaps you'll sympathize with her."

"I don't plan on sympathizing with someone who is trying to undermine my influence to get with my husband."

i'm a little bit insulted

it's stupid of her to pull me aside and ask me to sympathize with someone who's done nothing but antagonize me

and she's not even explaining why- i dont really hold grudges if she explained why i should like the first princess i might