7. clover

"If you have to brat," Levi continued walking.

At what point did I start calling him Levi??

Randomly last chapter :/

Thanks.

"The first princess wants to marry you right?" I asked running to catch up.

I get that he might be trying to avoid a partner who's more politically powerful than him but it doesn't make sense.

"Does she?" He scoffed.

I mean the Ackerman family has always been loyal to the Kingdom of Sina.

"She does." I paused, catching my breath, "so why did you accept my proposal and not hers?"

"That's two questions."

"We agreed to get to know each other, I'm just trying to figure out if my fiancé loves another woman." I sighed dramatically.

"If I loved her I would have accepted the proposal."

"So you don't love her and you don't want her power?"

HE'S A ROCK.

"Should I?" Levi came to a sudden stop.

"No, but-"

"You have a lot of questions," he snapped.

Yes so stand still and let me ask them.

"You don't like the prince do you?"

"More? No, I don't."

"Then why does everyone think that you do?" I asked.

I was pretty convinced that the two of them were close.

"You believe a rumor like that?"

NOT ANYMORE

"You really don't like the royal family," I murmured.

Is he going to commit treason? Did I marry someone who's going to try and kill the king?

"So you finally noticed," Levi hummed.

"Then why marry me?"

"You're the one who asked."

"Why agree? I'm still part of the royal family."

"You said it yourself- you don't really count. I would much rather the daughter of a viscount- someone who wouldn't cause much trouble. But since you seemed so desperate." Levi taunted.

I guess I can see that.

"If you plan on committing treason tell me beforehand," I grumbled.

"Why the fuck would I commit treason?"

"Why not? You hate the royal family, you're powerful enough, it wouldn't be hard."

"Are you suggesting that I commit treason? You do know that saying shit like that can get you killed?" Levi was visibly startled.

I WAS VERY CONVINCED THAT HE WANTED TO COMMIT TREASON.

"SO YOU DON'T WANT TO?"

"FUCK NO!"

"GOOD I WAS WORRIED FOR A SECOND!"

"DO YOU?"

"NO????"

"Why not? You obviously hold resentment towards them. Isn't it more to your benefit that they get overthrown? You could even become the Queen." Levi taunted.

I'm not going to live this down.

"If I commit treason I'm going to drag you down with me," I frowned.

"Forgive me for even suggesting that a lady like you would be planning something so sinister," he rolled his eyes.

I plan on killing you as soon as we get married and inheriting all of your power.

"Then I'm sorry for suggesting that the king's dog would even think of turning on him," I muttered.

"Dog?" Levi paused, "I know that a lady of your status would never say anything so insulting, I must have misheard you."

You didn't.

"Of course I wouldn't dare say anything like that. Your hearing must be going! All the ladies in the palace think that you're incredible- what with being so young and having your position." I beamed up at him, "I wonder what they would say knowing that their idol is actually rapidly aging."

"To think that my fiancé would spread rumors just to keep other women away from me," Levi raised an eyebrow- taunting.

I am spreading rumors to end you.

"No I actua-"

"Shouldn't we visit the King? It's the last time you're going to see him for some time," Levi cut me off.

Coward.

"Why would I need to see him?"

"He's your father?"

"I'm only telling you this because you don't seem like a very observant person but he could care less."

If he personally calls for me I'll have to go but I doubt he'll say anything.

"I was trying to be nice but King Erwin asked for you, you don't have a choice."

Wrong.

"He did?" I stammered.

Of **course** he did.

"He did. So regardless of how he's neglected you in the past, you have to ignore that and suck up to him one last time." Levi said frowning slightly.

Why does he look so upset?

"Do you like the King?"

"What kind of question is that?"

"Nothing. You just look upset about something," I trailed off.

I guess I have to have audience with him.

"When was the last time you had anyone clean those rooms?"

So that's what he looks so upset about.

For a second there I thought he was worried about me.

Nope!

"Maybe a few months ago, sorry if it was uncomfortable for you."

We almost felt comfortable talking for a second.

"Your maids are shit at cleaning."

Ahahahahahahaha

"Right," I laughed awkwardly.

I feel personally attacked.

Silence fell in between the two of us as we neared the throne room.

I really don't want to do this.

"He's still the king- even if you hate him," Levi muttered under his breath motioning for a guard.

I was content with leaving the palace without his acknowledgment.

If I wasn't engaged to the Duke would he even think of having an audience with me?

I'm frustrated because I can't even find it in me to hate him.

At the end of the day, he's only a stranger.

The first time I'm speaking with my father and I can't bring myself to feel anything but scared.

"Duke Ackerman and her highness Princess Y/N request audience with the King!"

_______________________________________

THUS BEGINS THE BEGINNING  OF A NEW SERIES CALLED Y/N & LEVI GETTING COMFORTABLE AND THEN VERY AWKWARD .2 SECONDS LATER !!! 

- AIIII