119. euphorbia

"You're finally here!" Historia shot up from her seat, rushing over to greet Levi and I.

she's radiant

"I was worried that Ymir wouldn't be able to convince you to join us," she gestured at the small table in the middle of the greenhouse. Annie sat at one of the chairs, regarding the two of us with a cool stare. "Come sit."

i wasn't expecting annie to be here

"There are no guards in this building," Levi murmured into my ear, confidently taking my arm and guiding me to a seat.

im not exactly worried about historia attacking us but it is worrying-

if there's one consistent thing about me it's my delusional confidence

i need to get knocked down a couple of pegs

"You look on edge," Historia directed her comment towards Levi who was busy taking in the greenhouse. "Don't worry, you're my brother-in-law I wouldn't do anything to you."

"That isn't saying a lot knowing your family," Levi scoffed, turning his attention to Annie. "I wasn't aware that she was going to be here."

WE HAVE TO APOLOGIZE TO HER FOR WHAT WE SAID TO THE FIRST PRINCESS

WE DEFINITELY CREATED ISSUES FOR HER

I FEEL BAD

"Yeah well I'm here," Annie shrugged, taking a sip of her tea. "I know I'm not a welcome face but calm down."

they're all good people-

"I apologize for how Ymir was acting earlier-" Historia cut in to the tense conversation. "I asked her to be a little rude to the two of you but knowing her she took the opportunity to go overboard."

HUH ??? WHY ???

"I'm not sorry," Ymir shrugged before returning to her position, watching over our group from a few feet away.

HUH ....

"Understand that I was just testing to make sure that my sister's husband is a good fit for her, clearly there are no problems as Y/N feels comfortable joking around with you," she continued.

was it really a joke???

maybe i just hate him

have you considered that

"I could've told you that myself," I murmured, reaching for Levi's hand.

"Don't question her twisted methods," Annie cut in.

alright, i won't-

"That can't be the only reason you've called us here," Levi frowned. "The two of us just got out of a meeting with the first princess, Y/N is exhausted, I appreciate the sentiment but if that was all you needed to know you could've sent a letter."

he's right- it feels like a trivial thing to stop our carriage for

"I was wondering when we would get to the point," Annie grumbled, sitting up straight in her seat.

so there is more-

"I was hoping we would get to chat for a bit longer," Historia pouted slightly. "Alright if you insist."

im ok with just sitting here and talking-

"I'm curious as to your opinions of the prince," Historia beamed at the two of us.

the prince?

"He's-" I glanced at Levi, who nodded for me to continue. "He's immature and lacks common sense, I'd say that the only good things about him are Armin and Mikasa, his attendant and guard."

mikasa doesn't really like me but (i like her)

i can tell that the two of them have good heads on their shoulders

clearly not enough to make him change in any meaningful way but they seemed like good people

"And what do you think?" Annie directed the question towards Levi.

"There isn't much to add, he's an ass, I'd rather not spend time with him."

well that's one way to put it

"So you both would agree that he isn't fit to take over the throne?" Historia smiled at our responses.

what are you-

"Oh just cut to the chase-" Annie grumbled. "She wants to become the crown princess and take over the throne instead of that brat and his sister."

historia does?

"So you're involving the two of us in a conversation about treason?" Levi's frown deepened. "I don't care what your ambitions are but I don't want you to drag Y/N and I into your plans."

he's right it's dangerous but-

"Hold on Levi-" I looked back at Historia. "Are you serious about this?"

it would make sense-

"I wasn't going to say it like that but yes, I'm serious, I believe that this is the best thing I can do for this country." Historia nodded, "I'm not stupid enough to think that it will be easy but I have the power to take over by force if I must."

you don't want to though do you?

"I don't think that Eren is fit to rule but I don't want you dragging my family into this," Levi was scowling now, his grip on my hand tightening.

but-

"She's my family too," Historia reminded, completely unphased by his glaring. "I don't want to seize power by force, I'm planning to use the chaos caused by the social battle you're waging with the first princess to legitimize my claim to the throne."

so you don't need our help you just want us to continue as normal?

"Bullshit- if you really cared about her you would've reached out to her before she had any connection to me. Why tell us to begin with if you honestly cared about her?"

because she doesn't want us to freak out levi-

"I didn't want to leave my sister in the dark."

"Y/N," Levi stood up abruptly, "let's go."

no

"I don't want to Levi," I frowned, looking back at Historia and Annie. "I agree with them, I'd like to help them."

besides-

if they really do succeed

i don't want to be neutral-

"Think about this later," Historia clasped my hands in hers, "we can discuss this another time."

"Let's leave Y/N," Levi repeated a little more desperation in his tone this time.

alright-

"I'm sorry," I murmured to my sisters before standing up and following after Levi.

my hand is cold

_____________________

it feels rlly good for you guys to finally get to see the things i've been thinking about and planning from the very beginning

i think i want to print tidal out and get it bound once i finish it- im incredibly proud of this story

- ami