125. osteospermum

"This is better," Historia and Ymir had led us into her own private chambers. "There's a lot we need to talk about."

MORE ???

"Keep it short," Levi glanced over at me, "we're tired."

YES WE ARE

"I'll try," Historia nodded, "Ymir can you bring over the article from yesterday?"

levi said there wasn't anything interesting in the paper?

was he lying?

he wouldn't do something like that y/n

"Didn't you say that there wasn't anything?" I looked up at Levi, confused.

"There wasn't," he shook his head, confused. "Unless it was published in a different paper."

help-

"Don't you think that it would've reached us by now? I mean we heard about the pregnancy thing almost immediately so-"

"Oh don't worry! This article never got published," Historia handed us what looked like a mock-up of today's paper, the headline in bold font read 'PREGNANCY? MARITAL ISSUES? THE LATEST ON DUKE AND DUCHESS ACKERMAN.'

clickbait

"I could've come up with a better headline," I murmured, quickly reading over the rest of the article.

the headline game is like top ten levi & y/n games

rock paper scissors takes the crown ofc

it deserves the number one spot

"I think the first princess had this article written, you two are being watched," Historia explained. "Annie has connections with major news outlets and had the story of your argument replaced with something else."

i'll have to thank her

"That's not going to last forever," Levi commented, grumbling loudly.

we have an even shorter timeline than we thought we did

"Is it too late to go home and just live in isolation for the rest of our lives?"

that sounds really good right now

"You could certainly try," Historia hummed. "I think we can use this to our advantage, the first princess knows that you two were fighting, she missed out on the opportunity to expose it through the paper so we know she'll attempt to do the same at a different event."

THE ENGAGEMENT PARTY THAT LEVI MENTIONED EARLIER

"I haven't declined the invitation yet," Levi muttered, knowing exactly what I was thinking the moment I turned to speak to him.

WE'RE ON THE SAME WAVELENGTH

"We got invited to an event by the first princess," I explained to Historia. "She'll probably attempt to humiliate me or spread rumors while we're there."

that could be the opportunity we need to completely turn the tables on her

there's a fair chance she believes we're still on bad terms

if we use that to our advantage-

"The engagement party right?" Historia appeared deep in thought.

"That's the one," Levi nodded.

i guess my question is whether or not that's a big enough deal to help historia