121. hollyhock

"Y/N?" The door creaked open, candlelight from the hallway spilling into the otherwise dark room.

it's been five hours-

it's midnight

you're really going to come back now?

"She's asleep," Levi breathed what sounded like a sigh of relief, before shuffling over to the bed to look at me.

what are you going to do?

pretend to sleep obviously

i'm too tired for confrontation-

"You're asleep right?" His voice was lower this time, more hesitant, "I sound fucking insane."

you are

I waited for him to join me in bed, trying to keep my breathing steady so that he wouldn't notice I was still awake.

what is he waiting for?

All I could hear was the sound of shuffling and faint grumbling as Levi moved around the room.

what is he doing?

"This is ridiculous-" he grumbled, "who told me to do this?"

what are you doing

The sound of sighing filled the space.

where is he-

I opened one eye, trying my best to look around the room without alerting Levi.

ive cooled down a bit but- im still firm in my belief

and im sure that levi is the same way

so i don't want to talk to him about it just yet

"Goodnight," Levi muttered to the silent room, before settling down on the couch, pulling a blanket over him.

so-

those noises were from pulling that down from a high shelf???

i can't be the only one who was thinking of something different-

"Seriously-" I couldn't help but whisper to myself.

he's going to sleep on the couch and fuck up his back-

get over yourself and get in bed levi

i don't hate you that much

"Y/N?" Levi sat up, looking in my direction, "you're awake?"

uh- no

"I heard you, are you ready to talk now?" His tone returned to how it was earlier in the day, frustrated.

if you're going to speak to me like that ill never be ready to talk

"Shouldn't you be the one to say something?" I broke my silence, "you're the one who started all of this, if anything you should be the one coming to me."

im not going to beg for your forgiveness when i haven't even done anything to warrant an apology

"I didn't start anything, your refusal to understand my perspective is what started this." He scowled over at me.

wow-

"I could say the same shit about you," I sat up, glaring over at him. "You're the one trying to force your opinions onto me- I can think for myself."

"I am not doing that." Levi vehemently denied my accusation.

of course, you would say that

"I don't feel like I should be apologizing for anything right now, if you really want an apology you should go to sleep and dream about it."