17. carnation

"Y/N-" A voice called out to me somewhere in the distance.

I keep on getting woken up like this ):<

LET ME WAKE UP BY MYSELF

SERIOUSLY

I let out a long sigh shaking myself awake.

MY EYES ARE OPEN STOP BOTHERING ME!

"Took you long enough," Levi grumbled looking at me through the open carriage door.

Good morning 2 u 2

"Yeah, yeah," I frowned pushing my way out.

WHERE EVEN ARE WE ???

"You'll have to wait a few more minutes- they weren't expecting us this early so the staff hasn't gathered yet." Farlan stepped up whispering to Levi.

OH OH OH

WE MADE IT????

I CAN SLEEP IN A BED !!

"I would rather skip the shitty customs," Levi groaned, brushing Farlan aside before beginning to walk towards the large imposing doors of the castle.

I SECOND THAT! IT'S STILL LIKE 4:00 IN THE MORNING I WANT TO SLEEP.

"Absolutely not," an older female voice snapped from behind me.

KUCHELLL

<333333

MOM

"I'm not willing to fight with you right now Kuchel," Levi frowned.

He sounds really angry.

"I can just meet the rest of the household when I wake up- there's really no need." I shot him a smile before glancing over at Kuchel.

I mean it's not really a big deal.

"Levi," she paused, "it's their first impression of the Duchess you need to be there."

She's informal with him?

"We can go through all the formalities in the morning. I don't want to put up with that shit now," he groaned, pulling open the doors.

Petra did mention that Kuchel took care of him when he was younger.

"He's still a child," Kuchel muttered under her breath. "I'll talk to the Duke later, for now you should introduce yourself to the staff. Petra and I will bring your things to your room don't worry."

I wasn't worrying but- ARE YOU OK ??? DID HE HURT YOUR FEELINGS??? I THINK I WOULD HAVE CRIED.

"Thank you," I made my way into the castle- the entry hall was lined with stained glass windows. Standing along each wall was the half awake staff.

I HONESTLY FEEL BAD FOR MAKING THEM WAKE UP

"I'll lead you to your room," Farlan beamed at me.

omg he's really nice <3 Levi watch out

"Lead the way," glancing around I noticed a group of maids standing off in the corner- quietly chatting amongst themselves.

Levi must be really lax then ???

I'm sure that wouldn't go over well in the capital.

Then this place can't be bad at all.

"This is your room," Farlan said, stopping in front of a closed door. "Duke Ackerman's room is the one right across the hall- and his office is all the way down at the end. If you have any questions you can probably find him in there- or you could come to me."

IM MORE LIKELY TO FIND HIM DOING PAPERWORK THAN JUST BUMMING AROUND ???

THATS DEPRESSING

HE'S RICH HE SHOULD BE BUMMING AROUND.

"Actually Farlan- I was wondering what the Duke is like?"

ALLI KNOW IS THAT HE IS MOST DEFINITELY A VAMPIRE.

"Why?" Farlan looked a little flustered at the question.

WHY IS THAT A HARD QUESTION

THIS IS JUST CONFIRMING MY VAMPIRE THEORY

!!!

"Shouldn't I know who I'm getting married to? You're his aide right?? Wouldn't you know him better than me?"

I mean if you don't want to answer you're fine.

"Well- he may have left a bad impression on you but he's not a bad person I promise." Farlan gave me a reassuring smile.

THAT TOLD ME NOTHING

OF COURSE HE'S NOT A BAD PERSON

HE ACCEPTED A PROPOSAL FROM A RANDOM GIRL- IF ANYTHING HE'S INSANE. NOT BAD.

"I never said he was a bad person," I hummed, Farlan looked a little nervous if not shocked at my comment. "ANYWAY GOOD NIGHT!"

I'll have to wake up in like two hours so it's more like 'GOOD NAP'

"Morning Duchess," I woke up to the sound of Petra rushing around the room flicking open the curtains.

WOW IM RICH NOW

I didn't really see it earlier but its so-

NICE

"You can just call me Y/N, I don't mind." I rubbed the sleep from my eyes sitting up in bed.

PLEASE CALL ME Y/N

"Well I would love to but-" Kuchel walked through the door.

Oh-

Kuchel is Mom.

She also seems to have a thing for formalities- BUT SHE TALKED SUPER INFORMALLY TO LEVI LAST NIGHT

"The two of you can call me by my name- I don't mind." I beamed.

I WOULD PREFER IT.

"Well-" Petra glanced over at Kuchel again.

PLEASE ???

"Only in private- in front of other staff refer to Y/N as the Duchess."

KUCHEL I LOVE YOU.

"Y/N, if you want I can show you around the castle today?" Petra cheered, pulling out dresses from the closet.

PANTS ???

"I would love to."

"Y/N-" Kuchel paused waiting for my attention, "you should know that some of the staff may be a little reluctant to serve you- given the way that you arrived yesterday."

I MEAN I WOULD BE RELUCTANT TO SERVE ME 2

"That's not a huge problem is it?"

Maybe I just don't understand?

"I had to talk to some of the girls this morning," Petra sighed. "You should be careful Y/N some people are less than happy that you've become the Duchess."

Great.

________________________

pm me if u want my animal crossing xoxo

- aeiou