92. hellebore

"You could wait longer," Levi muttered under his breath as the two of us made our way to the room that Armin was staying in.

"Now you're just being possessive- we've already made him wait three hours, I think that's enough time."

WE DON'T KNOW IF ARMIN IS ONE OF THOSE PPL WHO CAN'T DO ANYTHING ONCE HE HAS PLANS

I LIKE ARMIN

LET'S NOT PUT HIM UNDER TOO MUCH MENTAL STRESS

"You're being too nice," he frowned, rolling his eyes.

"You're just mean but we've covered that."

hundreds of times

"I'll leave then," Levi let go of my hand, jokingly turning around.

it's cute that he's joking around more

he has to stop .

he's going to give the first princess actual reasons to like him if he starts being nice to ppl .

idk maybe she'll be turned off by that

TRUE

"Have you ever tried changing the way you act around the first princess? Like maybe start being a total creep and she'll give it all up," I suggested, catching his hand in mine again.

"Fuck no."

.

ok well maybe consider it

you can act the same around everyone else <33

"That's not very Winners Mentality of you Levi."

"Whatever the fuck that is I don't want it."

someone isn't trying hard enough and it definitely isn't me

"I'm just saying- this whole thing could be over if you just tried harder to make her hate you."

not that you're nice to begin with but .

"I already ignore her, I can't exactly attack the first princess," Levi explained incredulously.

ok but

clearly, you aren't trying hard enough

NOT TO BE THE BAD GUY OR ANYTHING BUT IT FEELS LIKE THERE ARE SEVERAL OPTIONS THAT WE HAVEN'T TRIED .

whatever though <33

i appreciate levi immediately jumping to 'better marry someone else'

"Ok well you were the one who suggested attacking her, not me," I raised my hands up in defense, the two of us coming to a stop in front of Armin's door.

"Should I come with you?"

"You're going to scare him," I frowned, staring at Levi's near-permanent scowl. "I find you charming but other people have different opinions."

"Alright," he conceded after a second, "I'll be in my office if anything happens, and I'll find Hanji to stand outside of the room."

"Thank you," I let go of his hand, reaching for the door, "I'm going to ask to move to one of the sitting rooms, just to be safe."

not that i think armin is a threat really .

i just don't want any rumors to start

if i meet with him in his room

"I'll let Kuchel know to make sure one of them is prepared," Levi nodded.

"See you later then," I waved, knocking on Armin's door. From inside I heard shuffling and muffled words.

"Love you," Levi murmured before quickly heading back down the hall.

"Love you more-" I called out after him, turning around to knock on the door again.

RIGHT OK

armin please be nice

i want to like you

"Duchess!" The door opened to reveal Armin and Mikasa, the latter sitting stoically in a plush armchair.

oh-

"I apologize for keeping you waiting," I greeted both of them, "we should move to somewhere more private-"

THAT CAME OUT A LITTLE WEIRD

"Oh- alright," Armin walked out of the room, Mikasa following close behind. "Do you have a space in mind?"

"There's a sitting room on the ground floor, follow me."

both of them ??

i thought it was only going to be armin

and mikasa doesn't like me

I glanced over at her, meeting her gaze for a quick second before I looked away.

yeah she's still glaring at me .

MIKASA IT ISN'T FUN WHEN GIRLBOSSES FIGHT

women loving women not women hating women <33

"This is the one," I gestured to a set of tall double doors, Hanji stood next to them, smiling as we passed.

HI QUEEN

"Eren doesn't know about this," Armin said a second after the doors had clicked shut behind us.

WHAT

"He- I'm sorry- you're doing something behind his back?"

THAT'S THE LAST THING I WAS EXPECTING

"Well-" Armin began to explain.

"We are," Mikasa cut in.

UH

"Sorry- I don't know how to feel about that, what happened?"

MIKASA AREN'T YOU HIS BIGGEST FAN OR SOMETHING ??

GLAD YOU'VE STARTED TO HAVE TASTE BUT

DID YOU HIT YOUR HEAD OR SOMETHING ?? THIS FEELS BIG

"Eren is trying to force Levi into a relationship with the First Princess." Armin paused, "we've been watching you-"

ok that's very creepy continue

"You're clearly happy together, it doesn't feel right."

"Eren has his own reasons, that's why he's trying so hard," Mikasa added.

right-

"I appreciate the fact that you're on my side but there must be some other reason why you wanted to speak to me."

they don't seem like the type of people to reach out just to say something nice

I MEAN

COMPLIMENTS FROM PRETTY PEOPLE R ALWAYS ACCEPTED

"We wanted to explain Eren's point of view- not that you should agree with it," Armin rushed to explain. "It just might clear up some of your confusion."

alright-

"You've heard about the marriage talks right?" He asked, watching my expression nervously.

"I have."

"And- are you ok with that?"

i-

well they happened a decade ago

i'm not upset about them i was upset about other things

"It happened a decade ago, I have better things to be mad at my husband for," I joked, relaxing slightly.

are you worried?

"That's a relief," Armin sighed, before beginning to tell a story.

_________________

i feel like this is honestly mostly filler (or at least the beginning) but i have a lot of fun writing little moments like that so . whatever <3 it's my story who cares

- awgmi