24. lily

"The King spends quite a lot of time in the company of his concubines- I thought you knew this?" Levi continued.

I mean obviously not-

"I am the definition of sheltered- I only learned I could be scary yesterday, cut me some slack," I grumbled.

I'm just out here discovering new talents everyday <3

"You don't act like it."

IM JUST A GREAT LIAR

"True maybe I have a talent for being emotionally manipulative xoxo," I hummed, slouching down further in my seat.

"It makes up for your lack of etiquette."

WOW OK-

he has a point though.

Unfortunately.

"Can we go back to talking about how big, strong, and powerful I was yesterday???" I rolled my eyes, fixing my posture again.

ITS NOT MY FAULT RULES ARE STUPID & ALSO I CAN'T READ

"My wife is incredibly full of herself," Levi feigned a smile.

Yes but under all the #selflove there is crippling depressions that's just how it is <3

"I'm just trying to make up for the lack of compliments I've received in my life- if no one else is going to do it I might as well fill in the void."

BY THE WAY ??? WHERE ARE WE GOING ???

"You're starting to act more and more like the crown princess," Levi's gaze was fixed on the passing countryside.

<3

"You really don't like the royal family-" I paused, "it's a little confusing to be honest, I have no idea why you would agree to my proposal."

Regardless of whatever excuses he's given before- it doesn't really line up.

"I told you before- you seemed desperate."

OFC I WAS BUT-

"There's no way I'm the first desperate girl who's ever come begging for your hand in marriage," I frowned, picking at the details of the carriage.

I mean from the sound of it the first princess was also desperate.

"I'd be totally ok with you saying that I'm super attractive- that's a valid answer," I muttered quickly under my breath.

I also wouldn't be upset if you gave me a real answer.

"If I was going for looks I would have accepted what the first princess had to offer."

"LEVI!"

"It's true."

"WHAT AN AWFUL THING TO SAY TO YOU WIFE-"

THAT WAS RUDE

"We're only married for political gain- I don't need to suck up to you at every given opportunity."

YEAH BUT YOU SHOULD

"GO MARRY THE FIRST PRINCESS THEN- I DON'T NEED YOU! WE CAN GET DIVORCED AND I CAN LIVE OUT MY COTTAGECORE DREAMS FAR AWAY FROM YOU!"

YOU'VE INSULTED MY EGO

"Your family is honestly insufferable-" Levi let out a long sigh.

"I'm reporting you to the King <3"

"The crown prince and princess have shit personalities- your father isn't doing anything to change that."

you have a point-

"So why marry anyone who's even remotely connected to them? I mean realistically it makes the most sense to distance yourself from the royal family- you have enough power to be able to do that and survive."

The north is littered with mines- the royal family has to cooperate with Levi.

That's probably the reason that they haven't forced him into marriage with the first princess.

Between the wealth of the Ackerman family and his military achievements- he's a threat if anything.

"You act like I'm not getting anything out of this," Levi chuckled.

YEAH WELL- IF YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED YET IM JUST CAUSING PROBLEMS

"I'm benefiting from this 1000x more than you are," I frowned.

THATS JUST THE TRUTH

"Did you think that this would be easy? You'll have to appear in public, manage the household budget, you won't be sitting around."

:/ this is so sad

"If you needed an in to the social circles of women you could have chosen literally anyone else," I paused, "Levi I'm bad at math and socially inept you have awful judgement."

BUT UHHH PLEASE DON'T DIVORCE ME I NEED THIS MARRIAGE <3

I WANT TO KNOW WHY YOU WANT ME

FOR JOB SECURITY PURPOSES

"But I can't make fun of you?"

"That's right- I'm the only one who gets to make fun of me <3 maybe after you've known me for 18 years you'll get a pass."

But I don't think we'll know each other for that long.

Mortality rate in this country is ridiculously high <3

That and you're a rat bastard.

"Where the fuck are we going anyway?"

I can see you changing the subject but I'll let it pass.

"I thought ?? You ?? Were deciding ??" I frowned glancing outside-

NOT THAT IVE EVER BEEN HERE BEFORE BUT I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHERE I AM

"Are they just taking us to a random location?" A small smile broke out onto his features.

HDSAKJDKJ WHAT

"DO YOU DO THIS OFTEN?? DO YOU JUST TELL YOUR PPL TO LEAVE THE HOUSE AND THEY JUST ?? GO ??? RIDING OFF INTO THE DISTANCE ??"

WHAT THE HELL LEVI-

"Fuck no who's driving this-" Levi's frown deepened.

IM PRETTY SURE ITS JUST SOME DUDE

"SO YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT BOTH OF US ASSUMED THE OTHER WAS PLANNING OUR OUTING AND THE DUDE DRIVING THIS WAS TOO SCARED TO ASK WTF WAS GOING ON SO HE DECIDED TO JUST TAKE OFF?" I shrieked between bursts of laughter.

AHAHAHHA

This is great

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

______________________________________

IM SORRY ERWIN <3 

- AMI