16. bellflower

"I don't think you've been more wrong about anything in your entire life." Levi frowned.

OH WELL, I WOULDN'T SAY THAT-

I'VE BEEN WRONG ABOUT A LOT OF THINGS.

THIS ISN'T THE FIRST AND IT DEFINITELY ISN'T THE LAST.

"NEVER BEEN MORE WRONG??? THEN WHAT ARE YOU??? AN ANGEL???"

HAH I DOUBT THAT.

I mean I KNOW I'm an idiot but-

I'M THE ONLY ANGEL HERE.

"I'm a normal human being what the fuck are you going on about?" Levi's agitation was increasing by the second.

WELL I'M JUST CHECKING! ITS OK IF YOU'RE A LITTLE BIT NOT HUMAN I DON'T DISCRIMINATE!

"Well ok," I paused. "You should know that I wouldn't have a problem if you were. You know I think it would actually be pretty co-"

"-What you're talking about doesn't exist." Levi shut me down, his deadpan expression resuming.

I don't know- the way you're shooting me down makes me feel like you're lying.

"Ok, whatever you say," I shrugged, slumping back down in my seat.

I'll agree with him for now but I still stand by what I said.

"Y/N? Are you ok? We heard yelling," Hanji called out pulling her horse up to the side of the carriage.

Oh yeah I'm fine but Levi isn't- he's a vampire so the sun coming in through the windows is a bit much and is making him really grumpy.

"Oh uh- I was just talking to Levi about this article about the two of us. It's the first time since my birth that I've had an article written about me so I was very excited."

WHAT AN AWFUL LIE.

YOU CAN DO BETTER???

:////

"Oh," Hanji trailed off glancing quickly at Levi for confirmation.

DONT DOUBT ME QUEEN

QUEENS SHOULD NOT DOUBT QUEENS

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

"Well if you're that excited about the press then I can tell Kuchel to help you get interviews," Hanji beamed.

REALLY???

"YOU WOULD DO THAT????"

"OF COURSE!" She cheered, continuing to smile widely.

I LOVE HER

"Why would you talk to those idiots?" Levi asked watching as Hanji pulled away from the side of the carriage.

TO SPREAD MY AGENDA

CULT???

YES A CULT WHERE YOU GIVE ME MONEY

"I just need to establish myself socially- of course it's not a problem now that we're engaged."

But-

"You want to separate yourself from me?"

YEAH! I MEAN YOU PROBABLY DON'T WANT TO BE INVOLVED IN MY CULT BUT-

"I mean I need to appear connected to you to get anything done- I'm aware of that but I don't want to drag you down with me."

I will not be giving you any money made by my cult.